let there be light

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

let there be light

Post by marksman » 24 Aug 2020, 2:27 pm

pretty exited as l received my new IR torch and setup from Spectra tactical today :thumbsup:

obviously there will be more to come as l set it up and use it
the idea is to get a brighter clearer picture at a bit further out than l can with the onboard IR, although l do believe it is pretty good
l'd like to give a shout out to Spectra tactical for not only a great price but very good advice on what would be best for what l am doing :drinks:
l rounded off the amount the quoted cost and they sent me the change, it shows you the type of people we are dealing with :lol:
l'll go back again :thumbsup:

pretty happy :thumbsup: new toys ;)
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: let there be light

Post by Blr243 » 24 Aug 2020, 2:38 pm

First time I bought an nv scope I was told by the dealer that the original small Factory Illuminator Was useless so he included a big better after market wolf eyes torch that clips on ....its big heavy and just badly balanced .....years later I bought another nv scope but this time the small factory illuminator was a fantastic improvement combined with a more modern technology probably in the scope itself .....it’s great that these tech people are working hard striving to out do each other......it’s great to see performance improvements in the gear available to us
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Skinna » 24 Aug 2020, 4:03 pm

In the beginning
Back in nineteen fifty-five
Man didn't know about a rock 'n' roll show
And all that jive
The white man had the smoltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky...err...err...marksman had the news
He said

"Let there be light"
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by marksman » 28 Aug 2020, 11:49 am

last night l had a look at the pard with the new IR torch and took some photos that l thought l'd put up for those that are interested
the test is done using the pard as a monoscope with no adjustment for clarity on the pard

first is just to show the pard no IR to show the darkness

next is the pards onboard IR no zoom

and the next is the onboard IR full zoom

now the comparison using the torch with the pard onboard IR tuned off
this photo is with no zoom or focusing, its really bright at that distance 100y

this one is focused

and this one is a bit more focused

this is all at 100y to the tree, l cant wait to get out and try it at the farm on rabbits
l can see quite an improvement very happy :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 28 Aug 2020, 11:58 am

the torch is pretty good as a torch with the white emitter fitted
the tree in the background is the tree l tested the pard with

marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 28 Aug 2020, 12:17 pm

How do you go looking at torch through the pard - and then looking away at something else?
It might be my eyes but I get bedazzled from brightness and I cannot see for a minute or so...and that’s just with IR on the pard...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 28 Aug 2020, 12:56 pm

l know what you are saying TT and l am affected but really its only just for me with both onboard IR and the torch,
l can see properly pretty quickly with my right eye used looking through the pard, it doesn't really stop me
when l had the x-sight the problem was like l had to wait a while before l could continue
it may have something to do with the distance looked at showing glare as well l'm not sure :unknown:
the torch is showing a much bigger area and s cleaner view when focused
its actually a beast of a torch lmo :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics