mounts and rings help, sauer

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

mounts and rings help, sauer

Post by bignose88 » 04 Sep 2020, 1:27 pm

Hey guys, newbie here. I need some help with mounts and rings

I am looking for a 2 piece set up for my Sauer 100 in 243 which uses rem 700 mounts.

My scope is 30mm tube and objective is 44. I want something good quality and something which will work well with top loading. What can you recommend?
Much appreciated :)
bignose88
Recruit
Recruit

-

Re: mounts and rings help, sauer

Post by Bugman » 04 Sep 2020, 2:11 pm

Sig Sauer have a range of mounts includes a 30mm tube scope rings, but also have a look at Leupold mounts and Warne mounts if you are looking for a quality item.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 04 Sep 2020, 3:10 pm

How good would it be if there was a phone app ....EASY RING CHOOSER .....just punch in all your details , eg model number. Eye relief etc. and. Then hit CALCULATE. And the app gives you ring height u need , low as possible , bell just missing the top of the barrell
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 04 Sep 2020, 3:34 pm

Blr243 wrote:How good would it be if there was a phone app ....EASY RING CHOOSER .....just punch in all your details , eg model number. Eye relief etc. and. Then hit CALCULATE. And the app gives you ring height u need , low as possible , bell just missing the top of the barrell

It also needs to know the position of the bolt handle during cycling.
The scope does not need to be as close to the bore as possible, it really doesn't.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by solarpak » 04 Sep 2020, 6:54 pm

Bignose,
the Rem 700 pattern is also used on the Howa M1500 ....

I would highly recommend Burris XTB or Nikko Stirling steel weaver bases which will accept many brands of rings with the weaver attachment.

Rings - for a 44mm objective a medium height rings should work in most cases - and for rings i like Burris Zee and Hawke steel QR

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Sep 2020, 8:24 pm

I’d highly recommend taking it into a gun shop and try as many as needed to get your perfect set up...you can waste a lot of money trying what you think will work...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by solarpak » 07 Sep 2020, 4:13 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I’d highly recommend taking it into a gun shop and try as many as needed to get your perfect set up...you can waste a lot of money trying what you think will work...

+1 on what Tassie said!! :)
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Scopes, sights and optics