Moa rails with digital scopes

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Moa rails with digital scopes

Post by scoot » 18 Apr 2021, 2:51 pm

Anybody have experience with a digital scope, be it nv, thermal, whatever. Because these predominantly have an electronic reticle that is adjusted on your screen to suit poa=poi you can imagine the cross-hairs are never truelly centred in the screen/eyepiece. Normal scopes you can use say a 20moa mount to help optically centre your reticle or give more adjustment at longer ranges.
My question is if you mount a digital scope on 20 or 30 moa rail does this make your reticle ridiculously high in the viewfinder/eyepiece at 100-150m zero.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Re: Moa rails with digital scopes

Post by Blr243 » 18 Apr 2021, 6:15 pm

I once made my own rail to fit an unusual rifle. But I must not have done a proper alignment job. When I mounted a digital scope and tried to sight in the electronic adjustment system did not have ample adjustment available. My scope was pointing too far off centre ... I had to shim it as best I could in the bush ... it’s possible a twenty moa rail will still work but it’s such a time consuming ammo consuming job sighting in with a digital scope that I prefer not to risk it. I don’t need the drama. It’s 0 moa rails for me ... they are 100 per cent likely to place your digi scope in the zone
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics