Delta Javelin and Stryker 4.5-30

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Delta Javelin and Stryker 4.5-30

Post by Vicko » 02 Jul 2021, 9:15 pm

Anybody using these? Keen to hear some feedback.
Am trying to decide between the two... think I actually prefer the SMR1 reticle on the Javelin which appears simpler and more intuitive than the LRD1T in the Stryker, especially the sub-tensions within 1mil of the crosshair. I want the Stryker with the SMR1 reticle..
This is a bit of a dip of the toe into FFP for me, so I might settle for slightly cheaper glass and what I think might be my preferred reticle.
Vicko
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Delta Javelin and Stryker 4.5-30

Post by Medb » 02 Jul 2021, 10:51 pm

I do not own one but was very strongly considering the Stryker for a recent build.

For the quality and features they offer, I don't believe there is anything better around that price range if you are looking for FFP and 5-25 or similar magnification. You don't start to approach the better stuff till around the $3700+ mark unless you are willing to go second hand. It's features and build quality really blow anything else out of the water at it's price range.

I cannot find a bad thing said about these scopes anywhere which is promising, although I do wonder how many of those reviews were paid to promote it.

The one thing that ultimately stopped me from buying it this time, is that it's not a known established brand, and it only comes with a 10 year warranty. I was concerned with what the warranty and support would be like if I had an issue with it, and whether the company would even still exist 5 or 10 years down the line.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 03 Jul 2021, 1:42 pm

A mate who shoots F-Class, looked at this brand but decided on a March scope. I think either scope is Japanese made, but the Delta seems good value for the money.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Biscuits » 03 Feb 2022, 2:09 am

I'm sure you will have got something already so this is just for everyone's info.

I have the Javalin 4.5-30x56. It's a good scope overall and a good scope for the money. It's not as good as a Schmidt & Bender PMII which I have, but then the Delta Javalin was less than half the price. The Javalin has a narrow depth of field - you have to adjust the parallax/focus to be spot on as it is quite unforgiving. Because it has shallow depth of field, it is difficult to spot bullet trace through the scope. Optical quality suffers a bit at 30x power so I usually use it only up to around 25x power. The turrets are a bit big. The whole scope is quite big so it is suitable for a rifle which you will use from a fixed firing position, rather than one you will walk around with all day and shoot offhand.
Biscuits
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Biscuits » 03 Feb 2022, 2:12 am

There's the odd minor annoyance, like it does not come with a user manual in the box.

One good thing is that parallax goes down to 25 metres, so you can put it on a rimfire if you feel like it.
Biscuits
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics