New Vortex Venom 5x25

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

New Vortex Venom 5x25

Post by Baitlayer » 17 Jul 2021, 2:10 pm

Anyone seen one of these yet. Looking for a scope upgrade for 6.5CM Tikka varmint. Was considering Vortex Strike Eagle or Athlon Argos Btr Gen 2. For the price, Venom seems a viable option. Main use will be target shooting to 600m.
Baitlayer
Private
Private

South Australia

Re: New Vortex Venom 5x25

Post by ZaineB » 17 Jul 2021, 2:30 pm

scopes are a bit like knickers, what one person thinks is great someone else will find uncomfortable and not to their liking at all.

I think that scope will work fine out to 600m mate, and vortex warranty etc, should do just fine, but my advice is find one in store and have a good long look through it
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Baitlayer » 17 Jul 2021, 2:37 pm

Thanks Zaine. Hoping to get to a store this week to check one out if they have it in stock. Hopefully others will be there too so I can compare side by side.have smaller Vortex on my 17HMR and son has one on his 22/250. Very happy with both.
Baitlayer
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Harrynsw » 18 Jul 2021, 8:23 am

Hi mate
There's a bloke on YouTube called Cyclops reviews who does fair dinkum reviews on a heap of scopes. I was just about to buy one of these scopes until I saw his review.
https://youtu.be/OVJuaowAHWo
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MontyShooter » 18 Jul 2021, 11:33 am

That cyclops bloke sells the direct opposition to the vortex venom - arken optics. So I wouldn't take his opinion as gospel.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Harrynsw » 18 Jul 2021, 11:39 am

MontyShooter wrote:That cyclops bloke sells the direct opposition to the vortex venom - arken optics. So I wouldn't take his opinion as gospel.

Don't need to take his word as gospel, just the live qaulity demonstrations between the 2 optics. It's all in front of you.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 18 Jul 2021, 2:53 pm

Harrynsw,
Thanks for that link mate :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland