Burris Eliminator ?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Burris Eliminator ?

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Sep 2021, 10:40 pm

I've never looked through one let alone owned one.
Are there any members here that have,,,,,,,,,, or,, actually own one ?

If so,,, how do they stack up ?
Do they really have any great aspects ?

Pros and Cons ???
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Burris Eliminator ?

Post by Wraithe » 15 Sep 2021, 11:10 pm

I have been using an Eliminator 3, purchased in 2015...

Its workable, I like it but the optics dont suit my eyes and if I had the chance to try one before buying, I may have skipped the purchase...

In saying that, it has been a wondering scope, the laser range finder and inbuilt ballistics has been handy on land i'm not familiar with, plus old age is reeking havoc on my judgement of distance(200 metres never felt very far before)...

This scope has been to NZ and over a lot of the sth west and into the wheatbelt, it's been very reliable and impressive how long the battery last, it's also retained it's accuracy between seasons quite well...

My suggestion is to handle one and see if the optics suits your eyes, some that have used mine say it's prefect for them...

Sadly, it's no longer on a my main rifle being replaced by a thermal, it's kind of been superseded. :roll:
Wraithe
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Larry » 16 Sep 2021, 8:08 am

Ive used one and after that experience was glad I never bought one. The little red ballistic dot is so small I really had trouble seeing it. Without that the scope is pretty much useless. I also found the optics not to be as clear as the scopes I have including the 1980 simmons scopes.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Die Judicii » 18 Sep 2021, 10:20 pm

Yeah, I sort of surmised as much, cos you don't hear any rave reviews.
Thanks for the replies gents.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics