Meopta Dichro Reticules

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Meopta Dichro Reticules

Post by allan » 07 Oct 2021, 1:39 pm

Does anyone have one of these? I'm looking at a Meopta Optika 6 in 4.5-27X50 (SFP) with a Dichro 4D reticule - To be used only for range work in daylight conditions. The reticule dimensions are fine for intended use but not sure if I really want/need the "illumination" factor.
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Re: Meopta Dichro Reticules

Post by GQshayne » 07 Oct 2021, 7:34 pm

I have two Meoptas, both Meostars with the 4C RD reticle. I have recently looked at an Optika 6 RD as a comparison. So not the same as what you are considering, but I will give you my thoughts.

The Optika 6 RD that I looked at a couple of weeks ago, was not visible in daylight, even on full power. This has been noted by Meopta and is not an individual fault, it is simply part of the design. My Meostars are quite visible, but the Optika RD was not. Whether this will also apply to the reticle you are considering is worth looking into. You may find during the day you cannot see it.

Point 2 for me is that these reticles are designed around the illumination, so without it working they can be very fine and not as easy to use as reticles without illumination.

My 2c anyway.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by allan » 05 Nov 2021, 11:33 am

I'm a bit late getting back to this but Thanks for the advice, mate. I decided to go with this one - First Meopta I've handled and I'm pretty impressed!
https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/en/p ... sfp-13174/
I chose the BDC3 with battery illumination - The dimensions of this reticle are ideal for my intended use & that's more important to me than illumination.
This scope is going on a Vudoo 360 but while I'm waiting for that, I've been giving it a run on a Walther, Lithgow & Anschutz - Very happy with this choice.

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by bman940 » 06 Nov 2021, 12:48 am

I think you will love that Optika6 on your Vudoo. I also like the reticle choice that allows you to dial in your ballistics using the Strelok Pro app. Some wonder how accurate will it be, soda cans at 627 yards accurate that's how much. Yes, not a 22LR. I have 3 Optika6 scopes and yes, depending on the background and brightness of the sun, the reddot is not visible all the time. On a dark background, no problem, overcast days, no problem. I also have had zero issues seeing the reticle to make accurate shots. I shoot 1-2-3 times a week, depending on local competitions and what we may be hunting. It is hard to beat a Meopta for the value they bring to the table. Another reason I have 2 of the Optika5's as well. They are tough to find because others have obviously discovered what I did over the last 3 years. A lot of value, quality over price with Meopta.
bman940
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Return to Scopes, sights and optics