Arctic Fox Scopes

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Arctic Fox Scopes

Post by Wm.Traynor » 12 Dec 2021, 8:51 am

While visiting rellies a little north of here a few days ago, we decided to stop for morning tea. Parking in the town centre was dead scarce, so we cruised the back streets and found a place without any trouble, From there we made our way to the main street and blow me down, what should we pass but a
G U N S H O P
Holy Cow!! :o I swear I didn't know it was there :lol: Honest :P
Later, on our way back to the car, I dropped in, where a friendly man behind the counter greeted me. But what caught my eye was a monstrous great scope under the glass counter-top. I felt compelled to ask for the brand as its logo was unfamiliar to me and the reply was as the subject heading says. Before I left, the Man was careful to hand me a leaflet and a couple of days ago on returning home to the computer, I looked up the web address https://www.arcticfoxoptics.com.au
However carefully I searched, I could find no reference to a WARRANTY. I looked up this Forum's search engine to find a reference dating back to about 2016 or 2017. (I forget which)
So I was wondering if anyone had recent experience of them, said he getting to the point at last :D ;) Prices are attractive but no scope is mechanically foolproof and I feel a warranty is essential.

Thank you for your patience :clap:

edited to correct the web address
Last edited by Wm.Traynor on 12 Dec 2021, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: Arctic Fox Scopes

Post by bladeracer » 12 Dec 2021, 9:01 am

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by northdude » 12 Dec 2021, 9:19 am

I bought a rifle at a gun show with an arctic fox scope on it. A little h&r handi rifle in 22 hornet. I looked at the scope having never heard of them and thought ok its probably junk and ill be chucking it in the bin and replacing it with something sitting in my scope draw. Got it home gave it a test run and it was spot on so I left it on the rifle thinking soon enough it will start loosing its zero and then ill chuck it. Well 15 years later the little h&r is still wearing the arctic fox and it looks like its here to stay. I guess just remember its just a budget scope and so far has performed well. I'm not made of money and All my rifles wear scopes from the budget class and so far I've only had a problem with one which was replaced under warranty. Pretty good run out of 25+ rifle and scope combos ive got.
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 12 Dec 2021, 9:39 am

Just says "Limited lifetime warranty", but no details on those limits.
Looked at one that seems decent. It's their closest offering to what I would be looking for, and what I'm most familiar with.
https://arcticfoxoptics.com.au/product/ ... iflescope/
The 50mm objective is excessive in my opinion.
It would be useful if they listed how much adjustment it has, and reticle dimensions would help a lot. These are basic things that you shouldn't have to write and ask about and could be very disappointing upon receiving the scope. It also doesn't say if the turrets are resettable or if they have zero stops, so I assume not. The turrets are lockable but I don't think I have ever managed to accidentally move one of my turrets. It does have an illuminated reticle that some people like.
Personally, I'd get the Bushnell AR Optics over this for half the price.
If this offered a finer reticle, zero stops or more elevation adjustment I might be interested, but I think there are better scopes for $600.

Some of their entry-level offerings look okay but I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 12 Dec 2021, 2:16 pm

bladeracer wrote:Correct web link.

https://arcticfoxoptics.com.au/

Thank you bladeracer :) :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 12 Dec 2021, 2:20 pm

And thank you again bladeracer for locating the warranty where I never thought to look :oops:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics