Pecar Optics Australia

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Pecar Optics Australia

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 21 Dec 2021, 5:35 pm

Anyone used one of these scopes? I've got a 303-25 that I was planning to buy a vintage Pecar Berlin scope for when I came across this small aussie owned company.

Thinking of buying a 3-9x40 white carbon
Anyone used one?
Are they any good?
Anyone know where they are made?
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Pecar Optics Australia

Post by 9.3x64 » 21 Dec 2021, 7:11 pm

I may be wrong, but I suspect they are linked with pro tactical and would more than likely be made in China.
9.3x64
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 21 Dec 2021, 7:16 pm

I only have questions mate. Them and Kahles were the gold standard 50 years ago and if this one is a "Vintage" model, then I wonder if that company will warranty it.
There are better warranties. "The Big L", for instance.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 21 Dec 2021, 8:22 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:I only have questions mate. Them and Kahles were the gold standard 50 years ago and if this one is a "Vintage" model, then I wonder if that company will warranty it.

So I don't know much but I think the company I'm talking about is a small aussie company that has been around 10 years or so and nothing to do with Pecar Berlin (the company you're talking about). I think...
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 22 Dec 2021, 8:34 am

Kelsey Cooter wrote:
Wm.Traynor wrote:I only have questions mate. Them and Kahles were the gold standard 50 years ago and if this one is a "Vintage" model, then I wonder if that company will warranty it.

So I don't know much but I think the company I'm talking about is a small aussie company that has been around 10 years or so and nothing to do with Pecar Berlin (the company you're talking about). I think...

Yes :)
They were European
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by 9.3x64 » 22 Dec 2021, 8:38 am

Michael Schwartz closed the original Pecar Berlin factory years ago. This “new” Pecar company would not not honour the old Pecar. If they did you would probably have half a dozen chinamen trying to work out the ocoular from the objective.
9.3x64
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics