New Binoculars

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

New Binoculars

Post by flashman » 14 Jan 2022, 10:06 am

Hi all hope all doing well ,just picked up my new set of bino"s , they are Nikon , Monarch 8x42 and what can I say there GREAT ,chalk and cheese form my very old and batted Tasco"s the glass in great ,had a comparison to a set of zeiss ,pretty good even Mr zeiss owner was very impressed ,cant wait to go bush and start glassing ....... :D .
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: New Binoculars

Post by poid » 15 Jan 2022, 10:34 pm

I've been using a pair of Monarch HGs for the past year and they are a bloody good thing. Great glass, good in low light and also very lightweight.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by womble » 16 Jan 2022, 3:23 am

How many pennies do the above mentioned cost.
Are they worth it. Are they good value.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 16 Jan 2022, 6:26 am

I bought my son a pair of these a few years ago.
They are a roof prism binocular. Upside is they are relatively light and compact. Downside is they are a lot more expensive to make if they are to meet a particular optical quality standard.
Being a cheapskate I opted for 8x40 Action Extreme binoculars. Half the price (at that time) but 50% or more heavier. Equal or better optical quality.
I have a personal preference for the illusion of greater depth that the wider separation of objective lenses on a Porro prism binocular provide.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by flashman » 16 Jan 2022, 7:38 am

How many pennies you ask ......$530 and there are good value ,had them out bush and like I said chalk and cheese , for spotting game and the ability to see through the bush was great , and yes well worth the investment , and yes got sick of cheap BIno"s letting me down ,so I bit the bullet so to speak.....cold and wet ...YES ...Sambar look out ............. :thumbsup:
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 16 Jan 2022, 8:45 am

Very good, buy once and buy right :thumbsup:
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by flashman » 16 Jan 2022, 9:26 am

YES ...................Tell my miss that........ :lol:
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria