First impressions - Infiray Finder 2 FL35R

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

First impressions - Infiray Finder 2 FL35R

Post by Bruiser64 » 13 Feb 2022, 11:52 am

I bought my first thermal monocular this week. The Infiray Finder FL35R. This is a new model for Infiray. I chose it because it has removable batteries, an inbuilt laser rangers and a 35 mm objective lens. I have only ever used a thermal monocular once previously. A Pulsar, that I borrowed from a bloke at my LGS. I have been running an ATN X Sight 4K Pro on my .204. The ATN was an upgrade from the Pard NV007 add on, I was running previously.

Long story short. I am very happy with my choice so far. The image quality is excellent, particularly on black hot. I mainly go fox shooting and I have to say, it has no trouble with detecting a fox size target on the place I shot at last night. We saw foxes that we would have struggled to detect with our IR scopes. My shooting buddy and I have been progressing to “going dark” for about the last two years by switching to IR scopes. We both use decent illuminators we imported from the UK. The difference between detection capability with thermal as opposed to IR was really very stark. So stark that after just one night using the thermal spotter, I am seriously considering buying a thermal scope to use on my .243.

The Infiray makes detecting and keeping track of the foxes whilst we are getting into shooting range so much easier. As I have only ever used one other thermal spotter, I can’t say how mine compares to others on the market. What I can say though, is my only regret is buying the ATN and not putting that money towards a thermal scope.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Re: First impressions - Infiray Finder 2 FL35R

Post by mchughcb » 13 Feb 2022, 3:49 pm

They nice little units. Good picture and fit in your pocket.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 13 Feb 2022, 6:50 pm

During my second hunt useing thermal to find I decided to to buy and fit a thermal scope to my 243 ...it’s hard to beat the black bush / white game contrast When finding and shooting
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bruiser64 » 14 Feb 2022, 8:10 am

Blr243 wrote:During my second hunt useing thermal to find I decided to to buy and fit a thermal scope to my 243 ...it’s hard to beat the black bush / white game contrast When finding and shooting

Agree 100%. I will definitely buy a thermal scope at some point now. Prior to Saturday night, I didn’t think I would. The side by side comparison with IR demonstrated the unequivocal superiority of thermal. Pity it’s so expensive. Still your a long time dead and there is no point being the richest person in the cemetery.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Scopes, sights and optics