Night tech ms42r thermal scope

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Night tech ms42r thermal scope

Post by albat » 19 Mar 2022, 8:51 am

Anybody got any experience with this thermal , specs are really good, seems to be the exact scope thats they get in the USA, called the bearing optics super hogster R, ,any recommendations from experience for scopes up to 6k would be good thanks alot
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Night tech ms42r thermal scope

Post by scoot » 19 Mar 2022, 9:30 am

Not sure they're the same. A quick google search shows a few different things but price alone should be a fair indicator. When the Aussie dollar price of the night tech is only marginally higher than the US price for a hogster me thinks apples ain't apples.
Not to say the night tech won't suit you. It all depends what you want to achieve and how many $$$. There's a few people here who have experience with the ms42 (pre onboard recording) models that might chime in. A lot of options now for the up to 6k bracket. Choose wisely
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 19 Mar 2022, 9:34 am

Is that scope only have 384 sensor resolution? ... I aiming have 640 sensor res and 12 pixels .$5130 Cleavers’s
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cusco » 21 Mar 2022, 12:23 am

Hi all, the Night Tech MS42R is a rebranded Infiray unit. Pretty much a Infiray Saim SCT35V2 I think. Check out the various Youtube videos of both units and you will see the menus are the same. I have looked though a friends one (MS42R) and it is not too bad for a 384 resolution 12 micron sensor. With thermals it is all ways best to have a look though them and think of the base mag for your type of shooting. Plus battery types, mounting system etc.
Check out the website Hunt the Night plus his Youtube channel. For your budget check out the Infiray Saim SCH50 640 resolution model. Call Ben at Hunt the Night and have a chat, he is very knowledgeable and will point you in the right direction. Keep clear of ATN. Hikmirco are OK but until they fix a software update the "click" adjustments when zeroing are way too big( 1-2 inches) The Saims allow you to zoom in and do smaller adjustments. Do your research before laying down the cash.
By the way I have Pulsar units and have been happy. Have fun.
cusco
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by brinny » 21 Mar 2022, 7:42 pm

I used to run an MS42 on a 22....basic entry level scope....Heavy on battery power, and pixilate badly on full zoom......i bought it second hand thinking it would be ok for the 22 but sold it not long after....Im running top end thermals so i guess against them it was never going to stack up anyway.........Bloke i bought it off had it on a 22-250.....He did ok with it but went to a Trail 2 and got rid of it......There are better thermals out there for not much more money.....Do your homework before buying......
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics