IR scopes in 2022

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: IR scopes in 2022

Post by scoot » 14 Apr 2022, 12:19 pm

For reference extravisoon has the windage/elevation mount available to suit pard for $150. Just got one in the post.
Owl l3 must have a different base to the pard though so it not really a direct bolt on to do away with the factory mount. I've got some ideas to try though so I can fit it up direct instead of having to use 2x mounts.
Keyway on the owl is square 9mm where the zb mount is tapered in to about 7.5mm. I'll either space tho scope up a bit, bed it on with deavcon, or mill the zb keyway out to 9mm.
In my spare time. :roll:
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by geoff » 14 Apr 2022, 3:08 pm

For those using a rear-mounted clip on like the Pard 007 - how does it go on a centrefire? They look like they will chew up all my eye relief and bite me on the forehead when shooting with my 243.

Not really a problem on the 22lr but i'm not keen on moving my day scope forward to fit the attachment and still get a decent amount of eye relief.

Realistically i think i'm going to have to sell a gun to afford a forward mount clip on thermal and......any time the thought of selling a gun comes up, you know its a bad idea
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Bills Shed » 14 Apr 2022, 5:56 pm

Yep it does chew up all the eye relief. I keep the PARD07for my rim fires.
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Scopes, sights and optics