Thermal Imaging choices

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Thermal Imaging choices

Post by scoot » 16 Sep 2022, 4:53 pm

Anything that charges from a usb type charger will work on any type usb power bank. The unit doesn't know if it's plugged into the wall or a power bank since it's input voltage is the same. Current will be the only difference between supplies. Some will take longer to "charge" the scope but they all should "run" it. A power pack with more amp hours will last longer but it's a compromise of size. More power, bigger power bank.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by madang55 » 16 Sep 2022, 7:48 pm

Thanks for that. I thought so but a 2nd opinion always helps.
Can someone tell me why I'm seeing women's underwear adds when I sign in to this site on my tablet? Just wondering ...
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Peterwho » 16 Sep 2022, 9:32 pm

madang55 wrote:Thanks for that. I thought so but a 2nd opinion always helps.
Can someone tell me why I'm seeing women's underwear adds when I sign in to this site on my tablet? Just wondering ...

That is a great question. I have wondered the same, especially given none of it seems to fit me when I ordered it
Peterwho
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by madang55 » 17 Sep 2022, 8:55 pm

OK, next topic.
Eye Strain due to over use or extended use of Night Vision and Thermal optics. How do you avoid this. I spent 2 nights, about 4-5 hrs both nights at the rabbit wars. I didn't have a monocular, (will next time). The night starts well enough but by the end of each night I was suffering and having trouble seeing well at all. The sight picture looked like it was fogging up but I'm sure it was my eye.. I'm guessing turning down the brightness and/or the contrast will help. And using the monocular to scan will help as well. Its a Pard SA45LRF scope. Anyone got some hints for me.
My wife knows me well.
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by niteowl » 17 Sep 2022, 10:46 pm

madang55 wrote:OK, next topic.
Eye Strain due to over use or extended use of Night Vision and Thermal optics. How do you avoid this. I spent 2 nights, about 4-5 hrs both nights at the rabbit wars. I didn't have a monocular, (will next time). The night starts well enough but by the end of each night I was suffering and having trouble seeing well at all. The sight picture looked like it was fogging up but I'm sure it was my eye.. I'm guessing turning down the brightness and/or the contrast will help. And using the monocular to scan will help as well. Its a Pard SA45LRF scope. Anyone got some hints for me.

Yep. Use a Binocular type device. Most of these use only one AMOLED between both eyepieces. The best are obviously ones we provide ;) They have two AMOLED screens rather than one shared between both eyes. Either way you still use BOTH eyes and this stops the problem. The main thing is that your eyes do not see. Oh boy I can already see the response to that. The eyes are only lenses that direct light rays to the sensors at the back of the eye and the signal is sent to the brain which does the seeing. Make sense ?? Does not matter anyway. The brain is set naturally to use the signal from two eyes. Use of only one eye creates strain after a long session.
Problem here......... they are expensive, but you did ask.

PS. Yes turning down the gain and especially the brightness will help considerably.
As a contractor I always use a Bino type.
niteowl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by scoot » 17 Sep 2022, 11:13 pm

Depending on the device I find some displays are more taxing on the eyes than others. Also different devices give a different "picture" which in some cases have a huge contrast between hot and cold. I find them more uncomfortable after time. As mentioned above I find adjusting gain, contrast, brightness, whatever you can to soften the picture will help on longer sessions.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by madang55 » 18 Sep 2022, 1:51 pm

Scoot,
thank you, all good infon
Cheers
My wife knows me well.
madang55