night vision

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

night vision

Post by CT hillbilly » 21 Jun 2022, 7:25 am

Hi all,

Chasing a hand on picking a interchangeable NV scope to swap between my .17HMR and .308 is there a adapter that fits over the end of the scope (seen something somewhere) anyway any help would be great! would also be handy for my air rifle?

Cheers joe,
CT hillbilly
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: night vision

Post by lcpltac » 21 Jun 2022, 11:55 am

lcpltac
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bigpete » 21 Jun 2022, 11:57 am

There's the pard nv007 and its variations and copies. There's also hikmicro thermal clip ons,and a couple other thermal clip ons too.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by scoot » 21 Jun 2022, 2:06 pm

If you choose a "clip" on then you can get adaptors to suit whatever scopes you use. Alternatively if you choose a conventional scope just use a pic mount to swap between rifles with a pic rail. Despite all the misinformation around you will need to check zero everytime you swap. High end pic mounts will be the best "return to zero" and are mostly good to go.
Heeeaaps of options now for scope choice. Best to narrow down exactly what you want to achieve for how many dollars. This will determine what you should buy.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Boundry Rider » 21 Jun 2022, 3:52 pm

CT hillbilly wrote:Hi all,

Chasing a hand on picking a interchangeable NV scope to swap between my .17HMR and .308 is there a adapter that fits over the end of the scope (seen something somewhere) anyway any help would be great! would also be handy for my air rifle?

Cheers joe,

I have had a Yukon Pulsar 8x for about 8-9 years. You can also buy a doubler (1.7x) screw on from ebay made in Belarus brings it up to 11.6x I think. The doubler can get foggy in humid conditions though, as the void in the screw on application isn't nitro filled.
You need offset to the rear mounts for these, as the 30mm tube is at the very rear of the assembly. I'll post up a pic later on.
Also I use an analog (output is analogue) reversing camera screen on my dash as it isn't good on the eye after an hour into the night's shooting.
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Boundry Rider » 21 Jun 2022, 4:01 pm

Well I won't post a pic as the video won't load and the pic I took is bigger than 750kb even though taken on a mobile phone so just won't work.
Sorry
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Boundry Rider » 21 Jun 2022, 4:31 pm

Might have gotten the pic up
Attachments
Resized_Screenshot_20220621-135701_Gallery.jpeg
Resized_Screenshot_20220621-135701_Gallery.jpeg (288.3 KiB) Viewed 2295 times
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by CT hillbilly » 22 Jun 2022, 7:12 am

no worries and thanks for your help i was looking to pay no more than about 2k witch puts me in the bottom range of things but i will look around
CT hillbilly
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 22 Jun 2022, 7:35 am

CT hillbilly wrote:no worries and thanks for your help i was looking to pay no more than about 2k witch puts me in the bottom range of things but i will look around

That'll easily get you a hikmikro thermal clip on
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigpete » 22 Jun 2022, 7:38 am

Screenshot_20220622-070719_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20220622-070719_Messenger.jpg (183.64 KiB) Viewed 2252 times

From Hunt The Night
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by CT hillbilly » 23 Jun 2022, 6:52 am

cheers, i was learning towards a clip on so i could swap easly between rifles,
i did some reading up on the wraith (sightmark) but found that the picture would become really pixelated when full zoom over distance??? this is all new to me so any help would be greatly appreciated, we do have a wraith here in store for $1200 i will definitely have a look at the thunder TE19
CT hillbilly
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by CT hillbilly » 24 Jun 2022, 7:16 am

sightmark wraith 4k mini may be the weapon of choice i think, to get me started followed up with a nice thermal monocular so my wife can watch me miss targets!!!!!!
CT hillbilly
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics