Zero tech

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Zero tech

Post by northdude » 06 Jul 2022, 5:04 am

Anyone had anything to do with these? On the hunt for a couple of scopes and money is an object
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Re: Zero tech

Post by Faedy » 06 Jul 2022, 8:50 am

Got one on a .22.
It's good glass for the money.
I'd definitely buy it again
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by deye243 » 06 Jul 2022, 3:07 pm

I had one but sold it mainly because I really do need reading glasses and my arms are a bit short and for some reason the side Focus ran out of adjustment in that direction my Nightforce scopes don't have that problems neither do my meopta optika 6 scopes
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by northdude » 06 Jul 2022, 7:35 pm

not really comparing apples with apples with that line up...Just wondering how they stack up for a sub $500 dollar scope. Id just go out and buy a couple of nikko stirlings but they have run out of the one I'm after Hawke is another one we have here that Is a good scope in the above price range
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Peterwho » 06 Jul 2022, 8:05 pm

I recently bought a zero tech vengeance 1-6 and I have to say it’s very good for the price. It is, to my eyes (63 yr old ones), very good. It is better than my leupold 1.5-5 vx3i imo. I appreciate the zero tech is a 30 mm tube vs 1” and 20 vs 24mm objective as opposed to the Leopold. Their other ranges and sizes have also got some very good reviews. I also have some older Nikki’s as well. I think scope technology, esp re glass coatings, has moved quite a bit and modern scopes, including cheaper ones are better than older more expensive brands.
Peterwho
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Over The Hill » 09 Jul 2022, 8:00 pm

I have the 4.5-18X40MM VENGEANCE PHR on my CZ455 22LR which is my range rifle. I bought this scope for the easy adjust turrets. Whilst I am very happy with the clarity of this scope for the price I am finding that it doesn't always return to zero poa after making adjustments for distance & wind. I you are looking for a cheap scope for hunting to set and forget then a zerotech with enclosed turrets would be more than up for the job however if looking for an adjustable scope for range use then I would keep saving and get something better. I make do with mine for now but it is on the list to be replaced
Over The Hill
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by northdude » 10 Jul 2022, 9:57 am

Thanks yea I'm set and forget type of guy when it comes to scopes. Nothing worse than having to muck around with your scope if you've been fiddling with it dialing and you put rifle away forgetting to put it back to how it was and next time out its shooting miles off. See it all the time at the range..
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Clint Ellison » 10 Jul 2022, 5:30 pm

Have owned a couple,still using one on my 6.5 cm. Have used it alot and fairly happy with it for the price ($850-$900). The other was only around $350-400 and no longer use it on my 308 wasn't happy with its performance. Maybe would go alright on a lighter recoiling calibre but I'd stick to the upper half of there range for anything larger than say .243
Clint Ellison
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by northdude » 11 Jul 2022, 4:50 am

Looking for something to go on my grendel. I was going to get another nikko stirling but the one I want is out of stock every where. Its got a bushnel ar optics on it but after using it side by side with a nikko I want to ditch the bushnel
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Return to Scopes, sights and optics