Meopta height clearance?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Meopta height clearance?

Post by Bazz » 10 Oct 2022, 7:29 pm

Hi all,

I've recently picked up a Tikka T3x (Tac A1) and after going through all the previous threads on the model and the optic, I couldn't find an answer. I'm looking to put the Meopta 3-18x50 on it (https://www.meoptasportsoptics.eu/en/pr ... sfp-13165/) but for reasons unknown to me, the Optika 6 have an enormous magnification ring on them. It's edging on ridiculous...

Basically wanted to know if anyone has done the same and if the bolt handle clearance is an issue? Speaking of clearance, another annoying "feature" is the full length picatinny. Would I be safe in assuming I'd need to go a high ring (was thinking about Leupold PRW2) or do you think a medium would clear the rail?

Thanks!
Bazz
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Meopta height clearance?

Post by deye243 » 10 Oct 2022, 8:10 pm

Hi I'm wondering how you got a tact A1 in Western Australia.

Anyway this is mine before I got my NF .
Scope is a meopta 3 to 18 by 56 in seekins high rings doesn't really matter how high I ring you go as the cheek piece is adjustable for height .
With the 56mm objective the glass is very impressive not sure on the 50mil never looked through one .

Screenshot_20221010-210621_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221010-210621_Gallery.jpg (718.7 KiB) Viewed 860 times
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bazz » 10 Oct 2022, 10:15 pm

Hi Deye243,

Mate I owe you a beer for exactly the info I was after, complete with a pic. Legend! Adjustable cheek piece....can you tell I grew up with conventional stocks? So used to positioning my scopes low I appear to have glossed over that.

Re: being allowed in WA, they've been available for a few years. We get a pinned stock like NSW but otherwise the same.

Thanks again.

Bazz
Bazz
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by deye243 » 10 Oct 2022, 11:17 pm

:drinks:
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bman940 » 17 Oct 2022, 1:41 am

If you have to add a pic rail to a conventional stock you will be fine using almost any med height rings. I have all types of rifles topped with Meopta scopes and utilizing a pic base gives you the most flexibility in mounting the scope for the proper eye relief. The above photo shows you that the large magnification ring is a nonissue. I have an Optika5 3-15x44 Z-Plus reticle on my son's Tikka T3 .308 Win. and it shoots lights out! Full disclosure, I do some freelance work with Meopta but only recommend optics that I have used in the field.
bman940
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Return to Scopes, sights and optics