Can someone school me on "scope/shot" cameras ?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Can someone school me on "scope/shot" cameras ?

Post by Die Judicii » 29 Oct 2022, 8:27 pm

I've read bits n pieces about these cameras, but am left scratching my head wondering.
Apparently they are recoil activated.
But,, can supply the user approximately 10 - 15 seconds of film footage prior to the shot being taken.

How can this be ?? :unknown:

Can someone explain how this is possible please,,, to me being (a technologically bankrupt) person.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Can someone school me on "scope/shot" cameras ?

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Oct 2022, 8:33 pm

Programming, it records all the time but only saves x seconds before and after recoil as a file.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 29 Oct 2022, 9:03 pm

My pulsar has recoil activated video recording ...I guessed that it was always recording and auto deleting until recoil .. so one wheel has just confirmed my suspicions .... I don’t use it. I should because I always remember to hit recording button before the action but I forget to turn it off after
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by northdude » 30 Oct 2022, 7:11 am

My sytong can do the same thing but being a tech retard I have no idea how to make it go
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by cz515 » 30 Oct 2022, 9:46 am

Think of it as a slide carosel or one of those view master types popular in the 1990s. Pictures are arranged in a circle and you keep clicking until you reach the first picture again.

Now imagine each picture is a video that you can record. With a bit of technology and software magic it shows you only the video around your shooting
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics