Hikmicro Alpex

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Hikmicro Alpex

Post by bigpete » 13 Dec 2022, 2:13 pm

Quite contrary to my normal standards, I'm considering buying a Hikmicro Alpex infra-red night vision scope,to be used on my 17hmr in conjunction with my pard nv007 as a spotter. I've had a good look at one in the shop,and had a look around through it during daylight hours,and I confess I'm rather impressed. Miles ahead of the ATN 4k scope I looked at a few years back. Only problem is the usual one of having no spare money. The dealer will do laybuy though and I've got a few things I can sell,so it should be all good.

Anyone on here using one at all ? Be interested to get some first hand feed back
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Hikmicro Alpex

Post by JohnV » 13 Dec 2022, 3:12 pm

I know nothing about that Brand and model but as far as infrared NV sights go a lot depends on how powerful the IR illuminator is .
Just make sure when testing a sight that the illuminator that is on the sight is the same as the one you get in the box .
If there is a choice to pay extra for a bigger longer range illuminator then it's worth getting if it's a reasonable price .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigpete » 14 Dec 2022, 8:00 pm

Clearly no one has any useful input on this particular scope
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by willowbrooktan » 15 Dec 2022, 4:40 pm

Sorry Bigpete I would like to help but unfortunately I know nothing about the Apex - if you were asking about the others ie the ATN I'd say dont, & I do have some experience with the Pard 08's & very impressed with the Pulsar C50 but that's about it.
Good luck with your enquiry.
Barry
willowbrooktan
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Bruiser64 » 16 Dec 2022, 9:14 pm

The only things I know about the Alpex are from the Youtube reviews. It does look like a very good ir scope. Optics Warehouse compares the Hik, Pulsar and Infiray ir scopes. They all looked pretty good. Apparently the Alpex isn’t as lamp sensitive as other IR scopes. I have an ATN 4k Pro, an NV007. and an ATN LTV. The LTV is more light sensitive than the 4K Pro. So the Alpex did have some appeal. In the end I actually decided to bite the bullet and put the Hik Micro Stellar SH50 thermal scope on laybuy. I use a thermal spotter with my IR scopes and the detection improvement of thermal over IR is considerable. So I decided I may as well just take the pain and get a thermal scope. One of the things that pushed me to make that decision was a livestream I watched about the Alpex. Paul Childerley was asked his view. He stated he liked the Alpex, but the Stellar is much less mucking about as you dont need an ir illuminator.

Having said all that, the Alpex certainly looks to be an excellent piece of equipment. My experience with my ATN 4k Pro has been pretty positive. So there would not be a big enough gain going to an Alpex. I think going from the Pard to the Alpex will definitely be worth it though. I love the NV007 on my rimfires, so I will keep it for that. It also works ok as a spotter.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigpete » 17 Dec 2022, 2:05 am

I've looked through the atn 4k pro and its pretty ordinary in comparison to the Alpex
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bruiser64 » 18 Dec 2022, 8:31 pm

bigpete wrote:I've looked through the atn 4k pro and its pretty ordinary in comparison to the Alpex

I think the Alpex looks to be a great option. The Pulsar is also well worth a look.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by mchughcb » 19 Dec 2022, 4:32 am

Alpex is much heavier than the pard ds35
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics