Holosun's new thermal overlay red dot sight prototype

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Holosun's new thermal overlay red dot sight prototype

Post by Avok » 18 Jan 2023, 12:26 pm

Shotshow 2023 is ongoing right now in Las Vegas, and Holosun just showed off their prototypes for night vision and thermal overlay red dot sights. They are claiming that the night vision only one will be sub $1000USD, and the thermal versions will be around $1600USD for the basic version, then $2300USD for the better spec one with a larger sensor. Supposedly they will go up to a 8x zoom according to one video I saw. They are a cool concept, who knows how practical they will really be but I'll certainly be impressed if they actually hit the market (Especially here!).

Video showing it off:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnhnkJTMgi9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Some images:

TFB article: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/17/shot-show-2023-holosuns-promising-thermal-night-vision-hybrid-red-dots/
Avok
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Holosun's new thermal overlay red dot sight prototype

Post by JohnV » 27 Aug 2023, 7:16 pm

It looks a neat compact unit but until someone buys one you don't really know how good it is . I think the IR NV will need IR illumination to get decent range and the zoom will help also . The thermal part I don't know , the image options look useful . For what the average hunter does it could be good .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by stihl88 » 30 Aug 2023, 9:23 am

I like it... I've got the old Eotech 512 which is great and was looking at the existing Holosuns this morning but this would be even bettererrrah than either!

At first I didn't like the stacked look but I understand why they've had to do this due to lens planes etc, it grows on you after a few minutes...
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 30 Aug 2023, 12:26 pm

US Army's new monocular night optic to replace the PVS 14 is an analog night vision sight combined with thermal. You can switch between the two or overlay the thermal over the night vision view. You'll see a lot of this in coming years that will filter down to civvie street.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by niteowl » 30 Aug 2023, 3:51 pm

quadro.PNG
quadro.PNG (50.34 KiB) Viewed 663 times
You can have one of these now
niteowl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal