Beretta 87 target .22lr

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Beretta 87 target .22lr

Post by waytom » 27 Jan 2023, 4:15 pm

Hello fellow shooters,
I'm trying to track down some kind of replacement for the standard sights on my Beretta 87. The original sights are ok but in certain light with certain background they can be difficult for me to align properly, now before you say they're fine, get your eyes checked I agree 100% . I do not wish to go to a red dot, (trying hard to resist that) but would like to get some of the illuminated style like "tru glo" just to name one brand, I'm sure there are many for the more mainstream brand of firearms but the 87 target seems to miss out on a lot of aftermarket gear.
So just putting it out there if anybody knows where I can acquire something in oz or overseas , in stock, I'd much appreciate the tip.
Cheers Wayne.
waytom
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Beretta 87 target .22lr

Post by rc42 » 27 Jan 2023, 4:29 pm

https://www.beretta-guru.com/beretta-87 ... ies/sights

I don't have an '87 but I use Hi-Viz sights on a couple of my pistols, they are readily available in Australia but you might need to back order for that specific model
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Beretta 87 target .22lr

Post by Rwd22 » 31 Jan 2023, 4:00 pm

Up until last year I owned an 87 Target, brilliant pistol, the missus ended up claiming it and using it as her target comp pistol.

We ran it with factory iron sights. but later on changed to a red-dot, it really transformed the pistol, (I know you mentioned you'd rather not go that way, but the dot put it into a whole other league, accuracy wise).

The only hi-vis sights I seem to be able to find are by a company called EWK Arms, and they only offer a fibre optic front sight in 2 colours.
Rwd22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics