Toric Rifle Scopes

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Toric Rifle Scopes

Post by Angryant6 » 14 Feb 2023, 8:14 pm

I'm looking at long range scopes for target shooting with a budget of $2500, the TORIC 4.5-30X56 34mm MRAD ELR Rifle Scope looks pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with these scopes as there doesn't seem to be too many options available to buy them here in OZ and I'm not too keen on shipping one over not knowing anything about them.

Any alternative suggestions around the same price range would also be welcomed, I prefer a maximum magnification range of at least 25 or more and a FFP reticle. Also looking at the Vortex VIPER PST™ GEN II 5-25X50 which is readily available here, any thoughts on this scope?

Angryant6
Angryant6
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Toric Rifle Scopes

Post by deye243 » 16 Feb 2023, 1:17 am

There is a second hand Nightforce nxs 8-32 on used guns or 0z gun sales 2000 bucks in your budget one of the best scopes you'll get for that money
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Feb 2023, 6:44 pm

I saw a Nightforce Competition 12 _ 55 for sale at $2,500. That would be my choice.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Angryant6 » 24 Feb 2023, 6:17 pm

Thanks everyone, the budget has now changed and I'm looking at either the Vortex Razor HD Gen 111 6-36x56, Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 or Leupold Mark 5 HD 7-35x56. Obviously all are good scopes but as I have no experience with a scope of this quality I was interested in hearing from anyone who has. Every review on YouTube is always positive for either option but it would be nice to hear from someone who isn't being sponsored by the company to plug their product. Just looking for some advice from people who are familiar with the product, or open to alternative suggestions.
Angryant6
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 24 Feb 2023, 7:27 pm

Well I can tell you there are a lot of American people who are not happy with the mark 5 Leupold because of tracking and not holding Zero when you shell out this kind of money stick with something that's been around for quite a while I know there's better glass but not many with better tracking or better strength that's why I will never go past the night force just my opinion steer clear of anything that's only been on the market for a short time .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Angryant6 » 24 Feb 2023, 7:59 pm

Thanks deye243, appreciate the advice!
Angryant6
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 24 Feb 2023, 8:23 pm

The Nightforce ATACR is a very nice scope and you won't regret your purchase.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 25 Feb 2023, 1:36 am

SCJ429 wrote:The Nightforce ATACR is a very nice scope and you won't regret your purchase.

I will second this .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Angryant6 » 25 Feb 2023, 9:22 pm

Yeah from what I've seen and heard so far it's definitely the way I'm leaning, thanks for the advice! :-)
Angryant6
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics