Vixen scope

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Vixen scope

Post by Shootermick » 14 Mar 2023, 7:18 pm

Anyone had any experience with Vixen scopes?
Made in Japan. I looked through a Vixen 3-12x40 today as well as a Leupold 4-12x40, which I have on my 243. I thought the Vixen was better, mainly due to the better eye relief. Looking for something to put on my Bergara BA13 in 223. Actually never been a big wrap on my Leupold to tell the truth.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Vixen scope

Post by northdude » 15 Mar 2023, 3:31 am

They are popular over here. Everyone I know with one has no complaints
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by JohnV » 15 Mar 2023, 8:41 am

Shootermick wrote:Anyone had any experience with Vixen scopes?
Made in Japan. I looked through a Vixen 3-12x40 today as well as a Leupold 4-12x40, which I have on my 243. I thought the Vixen was better, mainly due to the better eye relief. Looking for something to put on my Bergara BA13 in 223. Actually never been a big wrap on my Leupold to tell the truth.
One of the things I have noticed in my life is people who compare a new scope to their used scope without considering your old scope may have dirty lenses . I know you think they are clean but they are not . I once properly cleaned a guys scope lenses at the range and he was amazed at how his scope was now so much sharper and brighter . Just a thought to consider . Cleaning scope lenses needs to be done properly so you don't scratch anything .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Shootermick » 15 Mar 2023, 9:30 am

JohnV wrote:
One of the things I have noticed in my life is people who compare a new scope to their used scope without considering your old scope may have dirty lenses . I know you think they are clean but they are not . I once properly cleaned a guys scope lenses at the range and he was amazed at how his scope was now so much sharper and brighter . Just a thought to consider . Cleaning scope lenses needs to be done properly so you don't scratch anything .

Yep. But just to clarify, I compared the two scopes new in the shop. Just also have the leupold on a rifle at home.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 15 Mar 2023, 1:57 pm

OK got it . it sounded like you had the scope on your rifle . I have two Vortex and 4 Leupold and the Vortex optics is comparable except the Leupold VX3 I have has a touch better optics . I have always found Japanese made scopes to be good . No experience with Vixen scopes .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by animalpest » 15 Mar 2023, 4:55 pm

What series/model was the Leupold? VX I, II, III ???
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Shootermick » 15 Mar 2023, 5:16 pm

animalpest wrote:

What series/model was the Leupold? VX I, II, III ???

Just a VX Freedom, $590 at my local.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Mar 2023, 5:29 pm

Not considering a Vortex? Your LGS does sell them
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 15 Mar 2023, 5:47 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Not considering a Vortex? Your LGS does sell them

It sure does, and I would, but they don’t have the Crossfire 4-12 in stock. They do have the Copperhead 4-12 though, a bit bigger than the Vixen and a step below the Crossfire, which is already in the budget category.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Peterwho » 25 Mar 2023, 9:26 pm

I have had a couple. Still have an illuminated 1-6 on a 9.3x62. I think they are very good, arguably very good for the price. I also think equivalent powered meoptas are a little better for not much more money.

Regards

Peter
Peterwho
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Tilb004 » 26 Mar 2023, 9:16 am

Hi Mick

I sold a thermal scope to a contract shooter recently and he uses vixen .
He told me they were put together by nightforce , cant confirm if thats true or not .
He loves them .
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Shootermick » 26 Mar 2023, 5:44 pm

Tilb004 wrote:Hi Mick

I sold a thermal scope to a contract shooter recently and he uses vixen .
He told me they were put together by nightforce , cant confirm if thats true or not .
He loves them .

I ended up buying the Vixen 3-12x40. Only had it out once to sight the rifle in the other day. But after that first outing I’m pretty happy with it. I’d buy another one.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics