Hawke 3-9x40 30/30 IR first thoughts

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Hawke 3-9x40 30/30 IR first thoughts

Post by Rathie » 17 Apr 2023, 12:38 pm

G’day all,

FWIW - my first thoughts.

Picked this up Saturday morning. Not mounted yet but have it the twi light and night test from my deck on Saturday night.

The 30/30 illuminated reticle has a relatively fine cross hair that does not obscure too much of the target. It’s plain black when not illuminated and has either green or red with 5 power level settings each.

At night with various levels of lighting from street lights, houses etc with the usual dark spots the power level settings where just right for various light levels.

On 9 power looking into darker spots up to 200m away I was able to clearly discern detail and adjust the reticle brightness to ‘just right’. Clarity and definition where pretty damn good when considering the price.

Should have her mounted and tested on paper this weekend and am hopefull I’ll be able to get onto a goat or pig.

Tossing up whether to put this on the 222 or 6.5 Grendel as I have a spare Leupold vx3 2.5-8x36 to go on either one as well.

Overall - initial impressions on the Hawke. Nice well build scope with great clarity, reticle and illumination for the price.

Stand by for a field test alongside the Leupold.

Cheers
Brno Model 2 22lr
Howa mini 6.5 Grendel
Tikka M55 222 Rem
Tikka M55 6mm TCU
20 gauge single shot
Rathie
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Hawke 3-9x40 30/30 IR first thoughts

Post by northdude » 17 Apr 2023, 2:24 pm

I had one for a long time on a 222 I had. As you said pretty good scope for the price.
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Re: Hawke 3-9x40 30/30 IR first thoughts

Post by Lazarus » 17 Apr 2023, 5:26 pm

Great scopes.

I use the 10-50×60 Sidewinder on my .223.

Love the etched reticle and the stepless illumination.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics