Just like Xmas,,

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Just like Xmas,,

Post by Die Judicii » 08 May 2023, 8:52 pm

It was just like Xmas this morning,,
My new Thermal Binocs arrived.
Now I've gotta learn how to drive em cos the buttons are mainly opposite compared to my old ones.
Yet to determine whether or not they are markedly better or not than the old ones as well.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Just like Xmas,,

Post by Wm.Traynor » 09 May 2023, 8:49 am

Happy tinkering mate :D
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 09 May 2023, 9:00 pm

Thanks Mate,
I have yet to try and do a full night with them of course,, but already I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't get anywhere near as long battery life (between charging) as I get out of my old binocs.
With as little as five minutes use just looking over the house paddock the battery indicator shows 1/8 used on the external battery.

Whereas with my old ones which only ran one single battery, it used to take an hour or more for it to show 1/8 discharge.

On an average nights use with the current hours of darkness I could start at 7-30 pm and get thru to just before dawn before full depletion,,,, and then swap over and insert the spare battery that I carried.

But at the seeming discharge rate of the new binocs,,,,,,,,, I'll have both the external and internal batteries fully discharged at approx 3AM

NOT HAPPY at this stage. :thumbsdown:

I'd rather have a bit less knick knacks, and more hrs use out of the batteries.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Amityville » 09 May 2023, 10:33 pm

What make_ model have you got? Surely you can run an External battery, maybe your existing, to get through a night?
Amityville
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 17 May 2023, 10:11 pm

Amityville wrote:What make_ model have you got? Surely you can run an External battery, maybe your existing, to get through a night?

It's against forum rules to bag a business or product and then publicly name them.

However,,,,,,,, after now having four full nights with them I've eaten "humble pie"
The aforementioned battery discharge rate is surprisingly good overall.
What I thought was poor,, turned out to be a bit like some motor vehicles fuel gauges.
ie: the first part goes fairly quickly, but the last part hangs on for the rest of the night. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by northdude » 18 May 2023, 6:51 pm

its exciting having a new toy to fiddle around with. Still learning to drive my nv I got a while ago. Not that good with this modern tech stuff or reading chinese instructions
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Return to Scopes, sights and optics