Red dot optic sight import

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Red dot optic sight import

Post by MRadd » 09 Jun 2023, 11:15 pm

Hello,
I'm after the Holosun HS507C X2 ACSS vulcano reticle RDO sight, unfortunately, this one is out of stock in all shops I keep in mind, hence I decided to buy it from the overseas online store.
Is a B709 Import permit required to import the RDO sight?
Thank you
Last edited by MRadd on 10 Jun 2023, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MRadd
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Red dot optic sight import

Post by bladeracer » 10 Jun 2023, 12:02 am

MRadd wrote:Hello,
I'm after the Holosun HS507c X2 CSAA RDO sight, unfortunately, this one is out of stock in all shops I keep in mind, hence I decided to buy it from the overseas online store.
Is a B709 Import permit required to import the RDO sight?
Thank you

I don't know if it's required, but in Victoria it's free anyway so maybe do the application.

I can't see any issue with importing it as it comes up at four dealers in Australia on a Google search.
The OpenRange has two listed in stock - is this what you're chasing?
https://www.theopenrange.com.au/holosun-hs507c-x2-reflex-sight-2moa-32moa-circle.html
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Jun 2023, 3:43 am

Great sight. Shake awake is an awesome feature. What dose’nt it have. It has everything. Battery life is most impressive .
Problem is there’s going to be a crapload of Chinese counterfeits flooding the market. Difficult to tell if you buy the genuine article.
Given its cost I’d only buy from the manufactures listed dealers. You want warranty. Scroll down below the stupid interactive map that doesn’t even work.
Optics planet might ship it, email them. Brownells will. Amazon won’t. The others won’t.
You can email holosun for international distributors but yeah
You don’t need the permit but border control might disagree which is not worth the grief. So prudent to get one anyway.
Nice choice.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MRadd » 10 Jun 2023, 11:06 am

Thanks, bladeracer,
This one is not exactly what I'm after, different reticle.
Google return me two exact results in Outpost firearms and Adelaide gun shop, but both of them have no sights in stock.

Hi Womble, I'll e-mail Brownells for sure.
MRadd
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics