45 deg offset mount

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

45 deg offset mount

Post by mickb » 11 Nov 2023, 2:01 am

Any recommendations fellas for one of these. I have a Rossi 92 with Vortex scout scope mounted in the forward position on a long pic rail. There is some real estate avialable on the rail under the scope body for one of these mounts I think. Purpose is to side mount some other options beside the scope.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Re: 45 deg offset mount

Post by womble » 11 Nov 2023, 2:19 am

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mickb » 11 Nov 2023, 2:59 am

Thanks Womble, fraction the price of of a vortex or trijicon worth hundreds. Worth a punt at that price.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Nov 2023, 2:11 pm

Hi MickB
It may help somewhat if you stated what,,,, in particular you wish to mount/attach.
ie,,, I run two rifles each time I set up,,, with clip on thermal sights on each.
Instead of inserting the suggested batteries that only last for 4 hrs continuouse useage,,,, I use power sources from "Office Works" that will run the thermals continuosly for up to 24 hrs before a re charge is necessary.
They are slightly larger (physically) than the average mobile phone,,, and up until recently I would just lay them alongside the rifles, and attached via their 900mm long cables. (which restricts movement like standing up, or walking about)
Just recently I've purchased (2) mobile phone holders via ebay that are designed for attaching to motorbike handle bars up to 32mm diameter.
Which,,,,,, makes a perfect choice for attaching to 30mm scope tubes.
Once attached, and the cable is spiralled around the scope,,,,, it makes a self contained unit with the rifle that enables you to move freely or simply walk about.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 11 Nov 2023, 3:20 pm

Wow that’s Cheap. That thing Womble posted. I must remember eBay if I need one again. I paid a fortune for my Warne mount from a lgs
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mickb » 11 Nov 2023, 3:43 pm

Thanks gents, what I am looking to is run my bushnell red dot beside the scope. One for fast shooting, the other for longer range for which my eyesight is atrocious. Very mall ninja redneck type idea and may only survive the first outing before I bin the idea lol but whats life if you cant try something different for fun. I could also put a flashlight there instead but I found it easy enough to tape to the mag tube.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Nov 2023, 8:21 pm

:lol: :lol: "Please do not mind before you bid"
Bloody Chinese,,,,, there is no grey area whatsoever.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics