Barska scope

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Barska scope

Post by headspace » 25 Oct 2014, 2:52 pm

G'day crew,
I went to my gun store yesterday and picked up a slightly used Remington 799 in 222. The rifle is great with the "mini Mauser" action, and it came with a Barska 6-24x43 scope and mounts. Now I've never had anything to do with these scopes and wondered if anyone here has. It seems clear enough, and I doubt that I'll be using it at much more that about 12x. Also I don't think the 222 is going to put too much hurt on it. At worst I can use it until it craps out then get something better. At the same time I don't want it crapping out in the field.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: Barska scope

Post by Bennybigbores » 25 Oct 2014, 6:09 pm

Got the exact scope generally pretty cheap I paid $180 for mine on special about 8 years ago, recently sits on the old 6.5x55 and the only complaint I have is that it gets a bit milky/ foggy at max zoom, I tried a 4" sunshade on it no better but from 6x up to 18x clear as a bell holds zero well, bounced between all my rifles at some point even stood up to the (Devils cannon) the buckiest .308 made by a man!
So for the money they're a reasonable scope, much better out there but if you don't need better it should do the job well enough that's for sure
Howa axiom varmint .243
C.Gustav 6.5x55 (sporterised)
Savage mkII T.hole varmint 17hmr
Chiappa lever action 12g
Baikal S.Shot .308
Mossberg plinkster .22
Norinco lever .22
E.T.C
Bennybigbores
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Barska scope

Post by Bennybigbores » 26 Oct 2014, 7:07 pm

Correction I just discovered I'm full of Sh!t, I have a 6.5-20x50, same same but different still a barska though
Howa axiom varmint .243
C.Gustav 6.5x55 (sporterised)
Savage mkII T.hole varmint 17hmr
Chiappa lever action 12g
Baikal S.Shot .308
Mossberg plinkster .22
Norinco lever .22
E.T.C
Bennybigbores
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales