Trijicon Accupoint scopes

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Trijicon Accupoint scopes

Post by whert » 16 Nov 2014, 7:09 pm

G'day fellas,

I'm looking at scopes for a bit of a do-it-all hunter, spotlighter and non-serious target shooting scope for a .223 and I've found the Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 which ticks all the boxes I think. Has the illuminated reticle as well.

They're not pocket change, about $1,100. My thought and question is that when talking scope recommendations for close to that money Accupoint doesn't seem to come up? Leupold, Bushnell, all the usuals. More expensive there is Nightforce or Kahles scopes. Not much talk of Accupoint though.

Opinions on them?

Are they new to the market or to these kinds of scopes? What's the buzz?
Weatherby Vanguard S2 .270 Winchester
Mossberg M464 30-30
Gamo Maxima .177
whert
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Trijicon Accupoint scopes

Post by MeccaOz » 17 Nov 2014, 5:25 am

Ive never owned one, but they are up there in the upper echelon. Leupold Smit & Bender alot of those ones are know for glass quality and strength, which is deserved. The Trijicon have real world and real battlefield experience, they are the scopes alot of boys have used when its a life threatening situation, so I say they are prolly worth it, if you can afford them.
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by wrenchman » 17 Nov 2014, 10:54 am

they make them here in michigan and they make most there stuff for the goverment .
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by rigatoni » 18 Nov 2014, 3:26 pm

That's a big ass objective lens...
Weaver Grand Slam
Savage 11/111 FCNS .270 Winchester
rigatoni
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 18 Nov 2014, 4:40 pm

wrenchman wrote:they make them here in michigan and they make most there stuff for the goverment .

and there in lies the problem for us aussie guys, getting some items out of the US of A can be impossible due to the ITAR laws

for the OP don't forget the new nightforce SHV range, a bit more affordable than the NXS range and they do a 4-14X56 and a 5-20X56 for a few hundred more with "real" illumination :D

I have 2 Bushnell 6500 2.5-16X42, a very useful scope but no illumination

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by sbd3927 » 19 Nov 2014, 9:41 am

Chronos wrote:getting some items out of the US of A can be impossible

Not for the same reason, but getting items out of Winchester Australia is proving difficult too...

Meopta glass is worth considering. Look at Meopta Meostar/Meopro versions. I've not found any negative comments anywhere, and the ones I've seen in person looked good.

I ordered a 3-10x50 last Tuesday week, it's still sitting in Geelong 8 days later, supposedly they are stuffing about with a new warehouse system and have shipped nothing for 3 weeks. It would have been nice to know that before ordering.

20hours for PTA for new rifle, and likely two weeks for scope. Rifle is still at LGS since there's not much point in getting it without a scope...

I ordered it with #4 reticle since I want low light performance, thus the 50mm and meostar glass. Perhaps I should cancel the order and pick up a zplex reticle version I know is in stock at a different shop.

<frustrated>
Anschutz 1515-1516 22WMR
Steyr Prohunter 308win, Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50
sbd3927
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by scrolllock » 20 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

Chronos wrote:for the OP don't forget the new nightforce SHV range, a bit more affordable than the NXS range and they do a 4-14X56 and a 5-20X56 for a few hundred more with "real" illumination :D

These puppies.

Nightforce SHV™4-14×56 riflescope
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 20 Nov 2014, 10:46 am

Chronos wrote:I have 2 Bushnell 6500 2.5-16X42, a very useful scope but no illumination

Whert,

I have the 4-30x50 version of this.

It's also my do-it-all scope for hunting and targets. Big thumbs up for it all around and they're $950 last time time I looked so within budget.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 20 Nov 2014, 10:48 am

sbd3927 wrote:I ordered a 3-10x50 last Tuesday week, it's still sitting in Geelong 8 days later, supposedly they are stuffing about with a new warehouse system and have shipped nothing for 3 weeks. It would have been nice to know that before ordering.

That kind of stuff s**ts me to tears!

If they say "sorry, there's a back log it will be 3 weeks" that would be fine.

When they know full well and just don't tell you anything though :evil: :evil: :evil:
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Will » 26 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

I'm seriously considering their 1-4x24 at the moment for a hunting scope.

Don't really care for the triangle post reticle and am looking at the German #4 reticle instead.

Haven't decided for sure yet but if I go ahead I'll send you some feedback Whert.
Roessler Waffen Titan 6
Viper Vortex HS 4-16x44
Will
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by whert » 26 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

I'd appreciate it mate.

And thanks all for the answers too.
Weatherby Vanguard S2 .270 Winchester
Mossberg M464 30-30
Gamo Maxima .177
whert
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by North East » 26 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm

Will wrote:I'm seriously considering their 1-4x24 at the moment for a hunting scope.

Don't really care for the triangle post reticle and am looking at the German #4 reticle instead.

Haven't decided for sure yet but if I go ahead I'll send you some feedback Whert.

Also consider H34S Aimpoint Hunter1X red dot.
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Westy » 26 Nov 2014, 8:34 pm

sbd3927 wrote:I ordered a 3-10x50 last Tuesday week, it's still sitting in Geelong 8 days later, supposedly they are stuffing about with a new warehouse system and have shipped nothing for 3 weeks. It would have been nice to know that before ordering.

And I believe in Santa Clauses , the grubs are just holding onto your cash till the end of the month and along with everyone else's cash then on the 1st or 2nd of the next month place the order and then tell you some more lies that it's outta their control and in 6 weeks it finally arrives. :o :shock: :o

This is the problem in Australia that is now getting way outta hand, if like me you give them 10% up front as that's the legal amount that they are allowed to ask for and no more then this practise would soon become a thing of the past!!!!

I know this for a fact and it is rampant though out the firearm industry in Australia!!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Will » 28 Nov 2014, 10:14 am

North East wrote:Also consider H34S Aimpoint Hunter1X red dot.

I'll check it out.
Roessler Waffen Titan 6
Viper Vortex HS 4-16x44
Will
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by halberg » 28 Nov 2014, 10:25 am

I hate that book balancing crap.

I've worked for a few places that would do the same... Near the end of the month delay putting invoices through so they can go into next month instead if it was expected to be quiet.

Or invoice things early to make the current month look better.

Changes absolutely nothing on the bottom line, just time wasted screwing around with the books.
Savage Mark II FVT .22LR
Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 25-06 Remington
Sako L691 6.5x55 SE
halberg
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics