Winding Out of Windage While Bore Sighting

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Winding Out of Windage While Bore Sighting

Post by Gwion » 06 Aug 2015, 8:24 pm

:)
Snow's all gone....

Need more bullets, powder and primers to start developing loads. I have exactly 12 rounds left ATM.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by brett1868 » 06 Aug 2015, 10:01 pm

Gwion wrote::)
Snow's all gone....

Need more bullets, powder and primers to start developing loads. I have exactly 12 rounds left ATM.

If the Zombie apocalypse comes tonight you're we'll and truly in trouble mate :)

Excellent you got it sorted and thank you for letting us know the solution, it adds valuable knowledge to the forum.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 06 Aug 2015, 10:11 pm

The Zombie Apocalypse! :lol: :D That's what an ax, a large knife and a bad attitude are good for. :D

If the marauders turn up, though, i'm screwed. 12 rounds and i haven't even sighted it in after sorting the problem! :problem: :wtf: :lol:

Looking at buying a few hundred A-max. I'm lead to believe they are a very effective cross over round for target and hunting.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by brett1868 » 06 Aug 2015, 10:26 pm

The Hornady AMAX is a very good projectile, many an insurgent has been dispatched by the 750Gr 50 Cal AMAX. I keep a couple hundred in stock as I bought big before the price went up a month or so back. Been using the 30cal 208Gr AMAX in my 300 Weatherby with good results though not as good as 185gr Berger VLD hunting. I was a big fan of Sierra projectiles and still am for smaller calibre's but 30cal and up I'm getting excellent results with Berger so maybe check them out as well.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 06 Aug 2015, 10:36 pm

I'll check out the VLD.
Also looking at those Nosler Accubond Long Range, but can't find a heap of feed back on them. The claimed BC are right up there and the 150gn jobbies look like a good thing for medium game.

At the moment, i'll just focus n the Amax 162gn and see if i can't get a good load working for club f-class, which should start up in Sept.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Bark » 12 Aug 2015, 11:51 am

Apollo wrote:Great news, I might celebrate with you and have an early ale.

Any excuse will do ;)
Bark
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Scopes, sights and optics