Scope mounts came lose on my CZ

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Scope came loose

Post by brett1868 » 10 Sep 2015, 12:35 am

The only thing I didn't like about it was when you accidentally got some on the lips from your fingers,,,, :thumbsdown: a horrible sort of sweet taste.

I actually don't mind the taste :)
Loctite 222 is what Barrett recommend for their rings, not easy to find over the counter but plenty available on eBay.

Torque wrenches can generally be bought from bicycle shops, look for packs of MAMIL's lingering out front. Resist the urge to check their packages or moose knuckles and head inside to the tool section or failing access to a good bike shop, there's always eBay :)

I have one of these because I was specifically after in/lbs though this tool can be switched between various units http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-4-1-25-25Nm-Bicycle-Bike-Digital-Torque-Wrench-Repair-Tool-/161458952332?hash=item2597b4188c
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Manimal » 10 Sep 2015, 11:06 am

What's this about one colour you must avoid?
Manimal
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 10 Sep 2015, 12:00 pm

Manimal wrote:What's this about one colour you must avoid?

Red is forever. Like get the torch out and cut it.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Sep 2015, 12:56 pm

Title_II wrote:
Manimal wrote:What's this about one colour you must avoid?

Red is forever. Like get the torch out and cut it.

Not quite that drastic,, but you do need to keep it just hot enough while undoing it.
If you take the heat away, and continue undoing it will readily bind up again.

The worst mistake is to use the "reds" and then find that you cant get heat into it to undo, without damaging other parts or equipment with the heat. :violin:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Sep 2015, 12:59 pm

Hey Brett,,
I have heard that "long term addiction" to Loctite can have weird effects on you hair. :lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 10 Sep 2015, 1:20 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Hey Brett,,
I have heard that "long term addiction" to Loctite can have weird effects on you hair. :lol: :lol:

I'm not bald yet though it can't be far off based on the sunburn I get if not wearing a hat.

Tip for getting heat into hex / torx screws....hold the Hex key in something insulated, push into the head of the screw / bolt and apply heat to the key with a small torch whist keeping some pressure on the screw. The heat should transfer into the screw enough to soften the Loctite so it can be removed. Keep in mind that the tool will quite possibly lose its hardness after being heated rendering it unsafe. Acetone dissolves Loctite as well so if possible apply liberally several times around the bolt thread and try removing it. Remember that Acetone and many other materials don't play well together.

Years of using Loctite on RC choppers and multi rotors taught me a few tricks with their tiny hex bolts that required red Loctite to stay in place. I used to build them first without Loctite then once happy with the setup I'd go through each screw and Loctite them separately.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Berper » 11 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm

Title_II wrote:Red is forever. Like get the torch out and cut it.

Rifle for sale, scope included :lol:
Berper
Private
Private

Tasmania

Return to Scopes, sights and optics