Aldi Specials

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Aldi Specials

Post by AnotherMisfire » 13 Mar 2016, 3:10 pm

Hiya!

ALDI have a $50 spotting scope and a $150 rangefinder on special this week - it's on their website.

Quality isn't necessarily going to be any good. But if you wouldn't have ever bought either of these items - they might be worth the coin.

Ta
AM
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Re: Aldi Specials

Post by sandgroperbill » 13 Mar 2016, 3:28 pm

Hey, you never know, they may turn out to be great. I doubt it, but it has been known to happen
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by YoungBuck » 13 Mar 2016, 4:30 pm

I bought the trail cam or 'wild life' camera as they call it. Going to set it up tomorrow and leave it for a week and see what it finds.

I also bought the night vision camera for a play around. I doubt I will end up keeping it but will give it a go to see if its even half decent (thank you aldi 60 day returns no questions asked policy :) )
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 13 Mar 2016, 6:28 pm

Wow they are pretty cheap, hopefully I can pick one up tommrrow if they are even open on a public holiday :D

So I went down to Aldi they were sold out of everything apart from one night vision device, the range finders sold in under 3 hours on Saturday at both stores in Ballarat so that is pretty darn impressive haha
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 13 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm

Pity I can't buy online :(
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by AnotherMisfire » 13 Mar 2016, 9:58 pm

I went in and couldn't find any of the relevant deals.

Did a bit of shopping and then asked the cashier about the spotting scope - they had two hidden for people who asked behind the counter (pretty smart business move I reckon, saving the last few for those who came in for it and care enough to ask).

It's pretty solid and while a touch bouncy to really utilise the top end of its 20-60x range, provided someone isn't rapid firing on the bench block next to me, I think it'll suit my needs.
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by VICHunter » 15 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm

AnotherMisfire wrote:Quality isn't necessarily going to be any good.

That's probably putting it quite lightly lol
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by SamHuntVic » 16 Mar 2016, 12:50 pm

I picked up the range finder and the scope.
I agree about the bouncy part on the scope.
I put a couple of spring washers on the tripod mounting screws and that fixed the problem. The original tiny screws just would tighten up enough.
Grant.
Don't hide from your mates in the bush!™
SamHuntVic
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 16 Mar 2016, 5:00 pm

VICHunter wrote:
AnotherMisfire wrote:Quality isn't necessarily going to be any good.

That's probably putting it quite lightly lol

Speaking of which, the night vision camera I bought blew up while I had it charging... loud pop, battery exploded. Bit of smoke and battery acid in the battery compartment. Will be taking it back this week.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by RealNick » 05 Apr 2016, 10:32 am

YoungBuck wrote:loud pop, battery exploded.

You sure you didn't shoot it? Ha ha
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics