Has anyone played with the arctic fox scopes?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Has anyone played with the arctic fox scopes?

Post by JakeThePeg » 27 Jun 2016, 8:47 am

I was at the shot expo yesterday and came across the Arctic fox brand.
They seemed quite clear and crisp, and simple to use, with a base design off the vortex.

Has anyone played with them and have some real world reviews?

Cheers
JakeThePeg
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Has anyone played with the arctic fox scopes?

Post by sakoBC » 27 Jun 2016, 4:20 pm

Hello Jake

My experience with Arctic Fox is limited to the their specific air rifle scope that I have on a .177.
Tracking is not consistent and does not correlate to the number of clicks that the turret is moved. Once it is set it does appears to hold zero. It performs as you would expect a $100 scope to perform. I’m only shooting at a maximum of 10m so it does the job.

From my experience, what sets the “budget” scopes apart from the entry level “quality” scopes is the accuracy and consistency of adjustments and durability. The glass in a budget scope may be adequate to get the job done at close range but I have also had two budget scopes stop working after a very short period of time.

cheers
sakoBC
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by JakeThePeg » 27 Jun 2016, 7:38 pm

JakeThePeg wrote:I was at the shot expo yesterday and came across the Arctic fox brand.
They seemed quite clear and crisp, and simple to use, with a base design off the vortex.

Has anyone played with them and have some real world reviews?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply mate.

I assumed that would be the case, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask!
Time to hide some more money from the better half
JakeThePeg
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 28 Jun 2016, 1:00 am

I have 2 one on a .22 mag and the other on a .243 easy the use and hold Zero for the price you cant fault them once the rings are lapped properly both of mine are the BF4-16X50 SF IRG TMR they cost about $430 or there about,s well worth the money good in low light and I would buy another.
Go to the gun show at Penrith they are there too sometimes and a bit cheaper than shot show
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Yazz » 13 Oct 2016, 12:15 am

I have one on a 22 one on 17hmr once set in you can't complain perfect in low light can take a knock without moving I have no probs with them
Yazz
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Rikta » 13 Mar 2017, 9:53 pm

I have a 4-16X56 from them on my .270, never fogs, holds zero like a champ, little blurry around the edge, but hey the target is in the middle so meh. cost less than 200 bucks and has illuminated mill dot reticle. came with a decent length glare/sun guard too as well as hinged caps and front parallax adjustment and rear focus.... cant fault it really, well not for those dollars
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by hunting99 » 16 Mar 2017, 12:24 pm

I have one on my .22LR holds zero and works very well for spotlighting.
hunting99
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics