Scope for a 22LR?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Scope for a 22LR?

Post by wade06 » 29 Jul 2016, 1:35 pm

I ended up ordering a Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42. The reviews and features all look great and i think the zoom range will best suit my use (hunting, plinking and casual target practice). The side parallax dial looks a lot friendlier than the end type.

The FOV is 28.8 to 8.2 feet at 100 yards. I tried a friends Vortex Crossfire 3-9x40 with a FOV at 34.1 to 12.6 feet. I didn't need the 3x but often found i wanted a bit more zoom.

Thanks for all the advice, will let you know how the new scope and Lithgow .22 goes :D

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vor ... oa-reticle
Walnut Lithgow La101 .22LR - Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42
Tikka T3 Lite .243W - Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42
wade06
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Mongrel » 29 Jul 2016, 4:41 pm

Nice looking scope mate, let us know how she performs for ya :)
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by ClaytonT88 » 01 Sep 2018, 12:54 pm

Surely Wade has a review by now? haha!
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Wombat » 01 Sep 2018, 5:09 pm

Scopes can have the Parallax changed, you can even do it yourself - https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/s ... t+parallax
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 02 Sep 2018, 8:43 pm

I had a fixed 4 power on my first 22. But always kinda thought a fixed 6 power might be better. Still have the .22 and it has a Leupold vx1 3-9 on it now.

My other two .22 have a Bushnell Rim fire scope and and AR optics 4.5 x18 on my Ruger rim fire presion. I've just ordered a VX freedom 3-9 rimfire scope. It has the parallax set to 50 rather than the 100 of centre fire models. Apparently the glass is up to VX 2 standard. But cheaper than VX 1 price point. I might have a another .22 on the way. So I thought I'd give the Leupold a go. I'll post up what I think. When I test it.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 19 Sep 2018, 9:59 am

I've fitted the Leupold VX freedom to my CZ452. Initial impressions were quite good. Seemed nice and light good glass and slightly light than the Leupold VX 1 that I had on it previously

I sighted the rifle in at 25 metres. I bought this scope for hunting knowing that the Parralax is fixed for a rimfire at 50-60 yards whereas the VX it replaced has the centre fire Parralax. I have had trouble focusing at close ranges. It was quite fussy on 9 magnification trying focus on the target when it was at 25 metres. I moved to 50 metres and it definaltely got heaps better. But it definaltely not as good as the Bushnel Rimfire scopes I usually use.

The eye relief and general sight picture is quite good. I need to take it spot lighting and try it low light conditions. But overall I think I would choose a Bushnel Rimfire instead. I think I paid $309 for the VX freedom rimfire. Which isn't too bad considering you have the Leupold gold ring warranty. But the Bushnell rimfire is probably around half the cost when on special.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 19 Sep 2018, 10:18 am

Leupold “freedom “ range of rimfire scopes are very good and retail for around $330, or I have a Bushnell 6-10x40 rimfire scope with side parallax adjust, was around $240 and also very good. Nikko Stirling do their “mount master” range with adjustable objective lenses for about $110. I have owned or do own these and would recommend the Leupold for hunting as it has a fine ballistic Plex in it with good lense qaulity. Cheers
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 20 Sep 2018, 2:40 pm

4x whatever. More than enough
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sawyers » 20 Sep 2018, 3:44 pm

I use a cheap arctic fox 3-9 rimfire scope with 3 mildots to assist with hold over.
Sawyers
Private
Private

Western Australia

Return to Scopes, sights and optics