magnifier with red dot

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

magnifier with red dot

Post by TysonRGS » 30 Jul 2016, 3:38 pm

Hey I have a red dot on my ruger scout and wondering about the magnifier you can put with it for a bit more range . has anybody use them and what are they like? Thanks
TysonRGS
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: magnifier with red dot

Post by brett1868 » 30 Jul 2016, 7:42 pm

I have a Vortex magnifier behind an EoTech holographic sight and it works very well. These are probably the best value compared to many others.

http://www.extravision.com.au/rifle-scopes/rifle-scope-accessories/vmx-3t-magnifier.html
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by TysonRGS » 31 Jul 2016, 7:56 pm

Cheers mate. What rifle you have it on?
TysonRGS
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 31 Jul 2016, 9:01 pm

TysonRGS wrote:Cheers mate. What rifle you have it on?

Currently bolted up to a DTA SRS in the .308 configuration. The EoTech are a great sight and the magnifier can be folded out of the way if need be. If it wasn't buried in the back of the safe I'd post a pic.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by scotty87 » 01 Aug 2016, 4:33 pm

from reading online the only thing to keep in mind I think is that the area that the dot covers at 100m will increase, so if its a 3moa red dot, with a 2x magnifier the dot will be covering an area of 6moa or 6 inches at 100m, should be alright on pigs and deer out to 100 but you might miss some shots on small game and pests.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 01 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm

scotty87 wrote:from reading online the only thing to keep in mind I think is that the area that the dot covers at 100m will increase, so if its a 3moa red dot, with a 2x magnifier the dot will be covering an area of 6moa or 6 inches at 100m, should be alright on pigs and deer out to 100 but you might miss some shots on small game and pests.

really only for close in work,50 to 100,, rabbits out to 50 max and goats out to 100. i have a burris red dot and have to have it on the second setting as the smallest dot is too hard to see during the day and your right, it covers a large area :thumbsdown: you can spend a 1000 bucks on a red dot but its still a close in sight, great for scrub and shooting with both eyes open :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by TysonRGS » 01 Aug 2016, 11:07 pm

Cheers fella's for the help.
TysonRGS
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 02 Aug 2016, 4:52 pm

brett1868 wrote:
TysonRGS wrote:Cheers mate. What rifle you have it on?

Currently bolted up to a DTA SRS in the .308 configuration. The EoTech are a great sight and the magnifier can be folded out of the way if need be. If it wasn't buried in the back of the safe I'd post a pic.

Pics would be nice, with and without magnifier
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 02 Aug 2016, 6:31 pm

Pics would be nice, with and without magnifier

Maybe Sunday when I vacuum and dust the safes I'll see what I can organise :D Too busy getting packed for Mildura, need to load up a batch of 44Mag before I leave.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics