Ever heard of ARMSPORT scopes ?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Ever heard of ARMSPORT scopes ?

Post by colinbentley » 24 Oct 2016, 8:06 am

Recently bought a Steyr Mannlicher which had been part of a deceased estate, so I don't know how old it is. The scope is 3 - 9 #40 and is made by a Japanese maker called Armsport. Now I know less about than I do about rifles, except you look down them and it makes things bigger. Sort of like a magnifying glass on steroids. The scope works for me but I haven't found anyone who has ever heard of them.Any help[?
colinbentley
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Ever heard of ARMSPORT scopes ?

Post by sandgroperbill » 24 Oct 2016, 12:20 pm

A quick google search and it appears that it was a Japanese company making what we would call oem stuff today. Basically they would build stuff for various companies and brand their scopes accordingly. Armsports seems to be an importer and just had these scopes branded for them.
Not sure what the name of the company was, but the opinions i've read aren't flattering.
But, remember, this is the interwebs, take everything with a healthy pinch of salt
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: Ever heard of ARMSPORT scopes ?

Post by colinbentley » 24 Oct 2016, 3:00 pm

Thanks sandgroperbill.....your right obviously not a top end scope, but it's working OK so I'll see how it goes. It may be worth upgrading at some stage, but at the moment getting re established with re loading gear and buying a couple of rifles is damned expensive. I'm already way over budget on my seniors' pension.
colinbentley
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics