A scope for my 22

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: A scope for my 22

Post by colsta » 28 Dec 2016, 5:44 pm

ive got a burris for sale on here
Savage 22lr
tikka t3 223
rossi puma lever action 45
colsta
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Dec 2016, 7:26 pm

Thanks for that Lindsay, I knew it was one of the Asian countries that was building em. Plenty of people not happy with them from what I've read but good to hear yours is working fine. My mate has a Zeiss Conquest 4-14x44 I think it was and it was crap at night, so much so I reckon there was something wrong with it because the other scopes we were using (Leupy and Nikon and Tasco were working fine in the low light conditions (8.30pm +) this thing was completely unusable (ie completely black image) my Zeiss 6.5-20x50 works fine in low light so I would say this one has issues.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wm.Traynor » 28 Dec 2016, 7:34 pm

Gwion wrote:Weaver K series, 4x 38mm..... Online, <$150US.

I am now trawling through US sites and Boy what a difference compared to the Aussie Weavers :shock:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 28 Dec 2016, 7:37 pm

Yep. Worth going a US import for this sort of thing. No ITAR restriction and cheap postage.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Apollo » 28 Dec 2016, 7:43 pm

The Zeiss Conquest is a multi cultural animal. Glass made in Japan (not sure if that includes making the actual lens), then the rest is Made in Mexico, then it's all shipped just over the border to the USA and Assembled in the USA (as is stamped on the scope).

The smaller 3-9 Zeiss Terra I don't know about or seen one to check. Also I'm not sure if there are or not Chineese knock offs of Zeiss Scopes floating around like the Leupolds have.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Apollo » 28 Dec 2016, 7:46 pm

Gwion wrote:Yep. Worth going a US import for this sort of thing. No ITAR restriction and cheap postage.

Gee, I don't know about that.... You still have to get stuff passed through Customs / X-Ray in the USA for a start. Maybe fine for anything that is not ITAR listed.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Dec 2016, 8:04 pm

Apollo wrote:The Zeiss Conquest is a multi cultural animal. Glass made in Japan (not sure if that includes making the actual lens), then the rest is Made in Mexico, then it's all shipped just over the border to the USA and Assembled in the USA (as is stamped on the scope).

The smaller 3-9 Zeiss Terra I don't know about or seen one to check. Also I'm not sure if there are or not Chineese knock offs of Zeiss Scopes floating around like the Leupolds have.

Yeah read somewhere that the Glass was done in the Cech Republic but who knows honestly, as we know a lot of things are made here there and everywhere these days and assembled somewhere else, either way I really don't care where they are made at the end of the day they just have to work well, if they do that I'm happy to use em if not they get sold on and replaced with something that suits my needs. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 28 Dec 2016, 8:26 pm

Apollo wrote:
Gwion wrote:Yep. Worth going a US import for this sort of thing. No ITAR restriction and cheap postage.

Gee, I don't know about that.... You still have to get stuff passed through Customs / X-Ray in the USA for a start. Maybe fine for anything that is not ITAR listed.

Some things are definitely not worth it and some sites just won't post to Aust.. You really have to weigh up exchange rate and postage but I have ordered a few things from the US that have been worth the wait to save significant dollars.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Scopes, sights and optics