Howa Mini Action Scope Mounts

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Howa Mini Action Scope Mounts

Post by Billy Bunter » 08 Jan 2017, 1:39 pm

Hi All
Recently added a Howa mini action H/B in 223 to the collection...and i am trying to locate a set of scope rings and base or bases.I have been reading that Warne may be manufacturing a one piece mount but i have not heard any reliable news yet.Rem 700 could be another option. American source said he fitted Tally 940734 medium.....But the question is has anyone located locally mounts and rings for the mini action, i am sure this would bring a smile to the dial :D
Bit short on the readys at the moment,so i had a dig down in the bottom of the safe and found a Weaver V9 -2 W 3x9 variable scope I know it is old optics ,but should be ok on the bunnies and foxes till i can afford a new one.......Thanks for any help..

Cheers
Billy
Billy Bunter
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Howa Mini Action Scope Mounts

Post by southeast varmiter » 09 Jan 2017, 8:27 am

Mini action just uses std 2 piece bases (Rem 700) - which I run.
Warned do make a 0 to 20 MOA single piece base, but not yet imported.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Billy Bunter » 09 Jan 2017, 9:20 am

Thanks for the reply
I new that Warne had a 0 to 20 in the plpe line but did not know that that it was now available in the states,I will make some further inquires . I read the forums in the states and there has been mention of a guy in OZ making one piece for the mini action...that I am trying to find out?
What I am led to believe an after market stock can be a problem,so I will have to keep my eye on things...
Cheers
Billy
Billy Bunter
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 09 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm

Would you consider Pecar? The brand is available on Ebay. Made in China presumably but their ring-mounts are going on my rimfire when they turn up.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Billy Bunter » 10 Jan 2017, 10:30 am

I have been in contact with Tasco Sales,and they have informed me that Warne base 2656M and 20 MOA are available for Howa mini action for those that are interested .contact your local dealer. To order.....
Cheers
Billy
Billy Bunter
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by scaredyet » 26 May 2017, 8:51 am

Hi guys. I didn't want to start another one of the same threads so I'll post here.

I have a Howa .223 Mini Action on lay-by and was looking for a scope base and rings. I read that the Remington 700 two piece scope bases fit the mini action Howa's.

The one I have my eye on is the Leupold Rifleman two piece scope base. https://shop.hpgs.com.au/products/view/LE55890

What rings could I use for a 1" tube scope
scaredyet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 26 May 2017, 11:04 am

DNZ Game Reaper for Howa Mini if you have a 25mm (1") scope tube.

Very good mounts for reasonable price.

http://www.dnzproducts.com/product/game-reaper-howa-2/
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by scaredyet » 26 May 2017, 4:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'm not a fan of the one piece mount and rings. I do prefer picitinny rail but the two piece looks good too
scaredyet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 26 May 2017, 7:18 pm

I was very skeptical of the Game Reaper until I bought one for my Howa. Very well made and absolutely true. Added bonus of one piece is that they help stiffen the action.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Cooper » 26 May 2017, 7:28 pm

I have two Howa mini actions now. Both have the DNZ two piece mounts. They are available online for $34 for the pair.
By the way you probably shouldn't have bought the Mini. I struggle to see where the bullets hit the target with mine. (The bullets go through the same holes!!)

I think the one piece has just became available for the MINI. Otherwise I would have bought the one piece. The DNZ mounts are the easiest and best I've fitted. I actually pulled a set of Leupold mounts off to put a DNZ one piece on.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics