Sports Match ringset

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Sports Match ringset

Post by Wm.Traynor » 21 Jan 2017, 5:13 pm

This morning I bought a ringset for my new CZ and I can't tell you how happy I am with them :D not to mention :o because the alignment bars in the lapping set showed that they were as near to perfect as they could get. A few strokes with the long bar and #600 grit paper revealed full contact :o :D

FWIW, the website is www.sportsmatch-uk.com
I suppose it could have been beginner's luck but I'm impressed.
BTW, am I sorry I shelled out on the BRT lapping kit when it wasn't needed? No. There are a couple of other rifles I can try it out on :)
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: Sports Match ringset

Post by scotty87 » 21 Jan 2017, 6:41 pm

Ive used them on my BRNO fox 2 cos it's got a weird dovetail size and on a friend's CZ 452, they are great rings on a set and forget hunting rifle, very sturdy.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by allan » 21 Jan 2017, 6:52 pm

I've used Sportsmatch mounts on a number of rim fires over the years. Every set I've had have been precisely made and I've yet to see them mark a scope tube.
Not the most pretty mounts out there but very sturdy & reliable !
Attachments
Sportsmatch Mounts.jpg
Sportsmatch Mounts.jpg (80.68 KiB) Viewed 2076 times
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Apollo » 21 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm

A "Lapping Kit" will never go astray in the Tool Box even if it's some time in the future it's needed or even for a friend.

If you buy a Scope from Stuart, he will lend out the Lapping Kit.... :friends: :drinks: :friends:
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Cooper » 23 Jan 2017, 8:43 pm

Yeah I have then on my CZ455 and they are pretty good!
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Hatter » 31 Jan 2017, 10:18 am

Apollo wrote:If you buy a Scope from Stuart, he will lend out the Lapping Kit.... :friends: :drinks: :friends:

That's good.

Too expensive for most shooters to buy IMO. $200 for a kit you'll use maybe 2 or 3 times if that is a bit much.
30-06 Steyr 98 -- .243W Steyr Pro Varmint -- 32-20 WCF Winchester 1885 -- 223 Remington 700 5R
Hatter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics