Mounting Torch to Scope......

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Mounting Torch to Scope......

Post by Mulder030 » 09 Jun 2017, 8:29 pm

Afternoon gents and or ladies,

I have a hunting trip fast approaching and thinking of mounting my led lenser (m7) torch I have to the top of my scope (its pocket size but works a treat). Mostly for s**ts and giggles. We will mostly be hunting pigs with the hounds but we always end up going spot lighting with the rifles.

I would be keen to find out if anyone else runs a torch on their scope and or the brand of mount. I don't want to buy the $25 mount from ebay, take one shot and then have to stop and re-adjust. or even worse yell out for the bigger spot light the boys are using on the other side of the ute........ can't go out take one shot, lights gets shocked from its position and they loose the targets...... Thats as bad as reading the instructions after claiming you know what your doing. hahahaha :lol:

any who, who's running them? do the $25 options work? would love to see pictures and find out brands.
I have the torch, just need the mount to fit my Vortex scope to Led Lenser torch to the .308 short barrel. so it does give you a nudge.

cheers
O'mark Model 44 - .308 - Paper
Howa M1500 ultra light Boyd's stock - .308 - Game
Savage MK II Varmint - .22LR - Practice
Mulder030
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Mounting Torch to Scope......

Post by Gwion » 10 Jun 2017, 12:34 am

Fit a rail to the side of you stock and mount the torch there. It has less effect on visibility after the shot mounted off the scope. Even with a 22, a torch on the scope jus lights up the powder smoke and makes it impossible to see if your shot was good for a good couple of seconds.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Scopes, sights and optics