Scope mounting problem

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Scope mounting problem

Post by Strikey » 23 Jul 2017, 9:41 am

Who is the genius? :crazy: :crazy:
Attachments
2017-07-22 14.39.17.png
2017-07-22 14.39.17.png (333.36 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Scope mounting problem

Post by bladeracer » 23 Jul 2017, 9:51 am

Strikey wrote:Who is the genius? :crazy: :crazy:

Is there some rule that says you can only mount a scope one way?
I've turned them 90-degrees to put the windage turret on top before, and I've even turned one upside down when trying to work out why it wouldn't zero.
A BDC reticle might be a bit painful though :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Cooper » 23 Jul 2017, 10:02 am

Might be a bit of a pain adjust elevation turret if it a screw driver style and the ejecting shell would probably hit the turret on the way out. Maybe it just turned that way for shipping so the turret isn't sticking out? Dunno
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by AusC » 25 Jul 2017, 1:26 pm

I get accidentally putting in on 90 degrees the wrong way, but c'mon :lol:

Can't have been using it like that surely.

Maybe stripped it to clean it before sale, push it back like that in their haste to finish.

Who knows.
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 25 Jul 2017, 11:49 pm

Bah... Hahahahaha....

Took me a while to see the problem on my phone! :problem: :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by darwindingo » 26 Jul 2017, 12:03 am

:o Couldn't make me laugh more unless it was 45 degrees out :lol: :lol: May be trying to lower the COG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :wtf:

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by brett1868 » 26 Jul 2017, 12:06 am

It's a totally "Gangsta" tacticool mount that will probably sell for more then it's worth to some clueless wannabe....
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by darwindingo » 26 Jul 2017, 12:21 am

brett1868 wrote:It's a totally "Gangsta" tacticool mount that will probably sell for more then it's worth to some clueless wannabe....

On that basis perhaps a 45 degree mount isn't a bad idea after all :twisted: Could say that it will give you the X Factor :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by pomemax » 26 Jul 2017, 12:54 am

At the range you see scopes mounted backwards /upside down saw one guy with realy nice flip up covers say scope was no good could not see a thing I used to ask who fitted your scope funny thing was it was always a newbie who had just bought the firearm and the shop had fitted it for them .
I gave up asking and now just say the shop you bought it from was ???? and most say yes how did you know , now if 1 person is telling you your skeptical but on a regular basis I have to say now I do not discount what they are saying
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by darwindingo » 26 Jul 2017, 3:53 am

pomemax wrote:At the range you see scopes mounted backwards /upside down saw one guy with realy nice flip up covers say scope was no good could not see a thing I used to ask who fitted your scope funny thing was it was always a newbie who had just bought the firearm and the shop had fitted it for them .
I gave up asking and now just say the shop you bought it from was ???? and most say yes how did you know , now if 1 person is telling you your skeptical but on a regular basis I have to say now I do not discount what they are saying

:shock: I would rather be penetrated by a pin pulled hand grenade than think that this was happening to a new shooter :thumbsdown: OMG Scope mounted backwards is about as F'ed up as as could possibly be imagined .. :shock: ....Please say you are taking the piss :wtf: , feel free to pm me the details of this so called firearm shop.. :wtf: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Jul 2017, 7:12 am

Are they a reasonable sized one in Western Sydney Pomemax?
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 26 Jul 2017, 9:46 am

yep
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 27 Jul 2017, 4:45 pm

bentaz wrote:I fitted a scope backwards once coz i was busy talking s**t over a couple of frothy ones. I fixed it up almost straight away and would never admit it publicly, lol!

Luckily you didn't say anything or we'd take the urine .... :)
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by darwindingo » 27 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm

bentaz wrote:I fitted a scope backwards once coz i was busy talking s**t over a couple of frothy ones. I fixed it up almost straight away and would never admit it publicly, lol!

" I fixed it up almost straight away " What do you mean by almost ?.... weeks, months, years ? :P :lol: Don't worry we will keep it a secret :friends: Pinky (Gun) Swear :P :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself :D In my defense I have had a bakers dozen of "frothy ones"....

:drinks:

Jeff

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Tiger650 » 31 Jul 2017, 4:59 pm

A cunning arrangement employed by blokes who have back problems and cannot bend over to pick up ejected brass ?
Or perhaps the vertically dyslexic ?
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by ebr love » 02 Aug 2017, 11:56 am

brett1868 wrote:It's a totally "Gangsta" tacticool mount that will probably sell for more then it's worth to some clueless wannabe....

So when you hold it sideways the scope is actually the right way up! Genius! :lol:
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics