Bushnell rimfire optics

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Bushnell rimfire optics

Post by Bent Arrow » 28 Aug 2017, 8:13 pm

Hi,

Does anybody know if the rimfire line of scopes can handle the recoil of a centrefire engine. e.g. 25-06 or will it rattle it too bits?

Cheers
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Re: Bushnell rimfire optics

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2017, 9:38 am

Can't answer that specific question but you will find the "rimfire" scopes have parallax set to 50yd/m. This can create a bit of a parallax issue at your typical center fire distances.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Bent Arrow » 29 Aug 2017, 12:54 pm

Nahh, adjustable parralex and long eye relief on this model.

Cheers
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2017, 1:03 pm

Is it a dial turret for parallax or an adjustable objective?

I have an adjustable objective on a 22lr and find it too obtrusive in the field when i have to adjust it for longer shots. No worries for target work but i'm assuming you will be hunting with it. Wouldn't buy another one but would prefer a turret adjustment like on my Sightron. Another thing to consider is that cheaper scopes with adjustable parallax can have the zero affected when dialing parallax back and forward. Personally, i would be going for a fixed parallax for something like you describe where you will be sighting for max point blank and leaving it there. To my mind, adjustable parallax on a hunting scope is only good if you are dialing for elevation (range/distance) in a varminting or long-range hunting situation. I which case you will want a quality scope that can handle the constant dialing of turrets with out zero being affected at all.

As for the original question, there is no one answer to that. It would entirely depend on the brand and quality of the build. Some would be fine and others would not.
I would be inclined to search for reviews of the particular scope "-this scope- on a centerfire rifle", or some such similar search term. If that particular scope has buggered up in anyway shape or form then there will be someone on the internet who has complained about it! :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Farmjer » 29 Aug 2017, 1:35 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:Nahh, adjustable parralex and long eye relief on this model.

Cheers

Which model scope?
Farmjer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 29 Aug 2017, 2:01 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:Hi,

Does anybody know if the rimfire line of scopes can handle the recoil of a centrefire engine. e.g. 25-06 or will it rattle it too bits?

Cheers

I have no idea, but I would just go with the AR Optics centrefire scopes. My 4.5-18x40's focus back to 10yds.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 29 Aug 2017, 3:52 pm

Have you had a look at the Nikko Sterling 3-9x50mm, half mil dot Panamax. The parallax is adjustable and I believe its certified for centrefire.seen them on 308s.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 29 Aug 2017, 8:06 pm

Hi. This is the model,

http://bushnell.com/hunting/rifle-scope ... 6-18x-40mm

Its primary purpose will be on my little Anschutz 1450 which does a bit of everything. I like the idea of adjustable parralex because my eye sight sucks and I struggle with fixed parallax scopes. Just trying to hedge my bets to be able to use it as a spare for my CF rifles.

I like the look of the AR models but prefer the simple reticle on this model.

Cheers
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2017, 8:31 pm

If you are just thinking emergency use on the 25-06, I reckon you'll be fine but only you can make that call. At least it isn't an Adj Obj lens, cause i'm really not a fan after having one for 3-4 years and using it spotlighting pests. Really disruptive having to adjust the objective bell for shots at longer or shorter range. Mostly i leave it on around 35m setting and it's fine but sometimes the pest is a bit further out or closer in than that setting allows for. Sort'a lets me shoot between20-50m no probs but either side of that is a pain to adjust.
Anyway. Useless info for you because you are looking at a turret adjustment.

Good luck.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Bent Arrow » 29 Aug 2017, 9:22 pm

Still helpful to know to steer away from the adjustable objective model.

Cheers
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Return to Scopes, sights and optics