Not Enough scope travel

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Not Enough scope travel

Post by Gwion » 20 Sep 2017, 8:15 am

I dunno. 25mm click @ 1km is more precise than 50mm click, which is a s**t ton better than 100mm click... Not that any of it would make any difference to me because I'd be lucky just to hit the target at 1km or more, especially with any kind of wind.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by pomemax » 20 Sep 2017, 11:46 am

do you have a picture of the scope on the rifle that may give us some ideas
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 20 Sep 2017, 12:01 pm

Do you have another rifle and scope that you can swap around to see which has the issue?
Are you sure your mounts/rings don't have a 20moa set and that you have them on the wrong way?
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by jt1986 » 25 Jul 2018, 12:59 am

Andyz how did you go with your athlon scope? im looking at buying one just wanting to know if you got yours sorted? and what you think of the scope?
jt1986
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 26 Jul 2018, 7:14 pm

Mate I got the 6x24 btr version. Very happy so far and no issues. Bought it from precission defense industries. Would highly recommend them
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by jt1986 » 29 Jul 2018, 7:28 pm

thanks ziad
looking at the 8-34x56mm in moa. keep hearing good things hence looking at the scope but never been able to get behind one just chasing some real world reviews on them
jt1986
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by pomemax » 29 Jul 2018, 9:38 pm

AndyZ wrote:I am fairly new to shooting so not 100% up with how all of the physics works. I recently bought a Howa 1500 in 6.5 CM and put an Athlon Argos BTR 8-34x56 scope on top. I took it out to the range to zero. I have managed (with some difficulty) to zero at 100m ( I have plans to eventually zero this rifle at 200). The problem I have is that to get this zero I have had to wind the elevation turret all the way to the highest zero stop. I have 13 Mill of elevation travel to the bottom stop but it is all in a downward direction. Someone suggested a 20moa rail would work. Ideally I would like the 100m zero to be a few clicks for the bottom stop to allow me slight adjustments for closer shots but have all of the travel available so that I can get out to 550-1000m. Any one have any other ideas

Do you have a picture of the scope ON THE gun that you can upload ,
who fitted the scope for you "did they have any experience at fitting scopes"
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics