Got a new scope ... VX2 2-7x33

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Got a new scope ... VX2 2-7x33

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 22 Sep 2017, 8:28 pm

What I wanted to say is I regard a good scope as something that allows me to really see well.

I had a Meopta 3-9x42 or was it 44 and it was a grand scope, but I had trouble mounting it on any of my rifles ... for a hint of which rifles - see my nom de guerre here.

The Brno/CZ habit of having a 90 deg bolt lift makes scopes with frivolously large ocular lenses difficult to mount unless mounted unreasonably high.

So I took the Meopta (which is optically beautiful) back and negotiated and with some give and take got a Leupold VX2 LR Duplex - and it is beautiful - looking through it is like getting an eyebath ...

I have a VX3 - but this particular scope seems clearer than anything I have seen.

So, all I want to say is - take a look at the VX2s if you are somewhat "cash-restrained" - they seem better than you would expect.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Re: Got a new scope ... VX2 2-7x33

Post by marksman » 24 Sep 2017, 8:29 pm

"they seem better than you would expect"
agree totally :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics