Lithgow Model 12 peep sight

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Lithgow Model 12 peep sight

Post by 1Bowerbird » 17 Dec 2017, 9:27 pm

Hi,

I have a Lithgow/Slazenger .22 and I am looking for a peep sight to fit. It is drilled and tapped on the rear left side of the receiver. From what little information I can find it seems a Sportco Model 58 could be the one I need.

Can anyone help?

1Bowerbird
1Bowerbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Lithgow Model 12 peep sight

Post by No1Mk3 » 20 Dec 2017, 8:30 am

G'day 1Bowerbird,
Can't believe it took so long to see you! A Mod 58 will fit, so will a Mod 57 or Model 56 which may be better. A Parker Hale 17 may be easier to find and will also fit. Look at the American peep sights like Redfield etc as many Lithgows were based on Winchester designs and the American sights can be fitted up. DoubleR Custom have a Model 56 for sale at the moment for $245, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by marksman » 20 Dec 2017, 10:59 am

Elks have a cheaper model 56 for sale
http://www.elks.com.au/product/sportco- ... eep-sight/
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by 1Bowerbird » 20 Dec 2017, 3:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I believe that there is a version that follows the contour of the stock without modification. Is that right?

Regards
Colin
1Bowerbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by deanp100 » 23 Dec 2017, 4:13 pm

The model 12 is basically a model 69a Winchester so there are a lot of peep sights that fit. Field instruments even made one called the model 12 for the Lithgow but it is basically identical to the sportco. I have fitted a few to Lithgow and on some the stock was fine and on others the slightest shaving had to come off the side. They go ok on the mod 12 but on the short barrel mod 55 they shoot a bit high in close . It needs that extra bit of barrel length to change the sight angles.
Cheers
Deano
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Scopes, sights and optics