Good Scope Rings part 2

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Good Scope Rings part 2

Post by newgunner » 08 Apr 2018, 7:40 pm

Hi again guys/gals,
just wondering ,i bought a rifle for the wife on the weekend,and i got the dnz game reaper ring setup for it.
Is the dnz setup better than the warne rings i have on my tikka? If so should i change my warne rings over to a DNZ setup for the tikka?
Probably a stupid question but just want some more experienced and maybe even illuminated answers .
i believe the DNZ setup doesn't have any recoil lugs or pins etc to help with recoil,but only on a 223 ,shouldn't be a issue i think
:D :crazy:
(warne maxima 30mm rings on tikka)

thanks again
Last edited by newgunner on 08 Apr 2018, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newgunner
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Good Scope Rings part 2

Post by Apollo » 08 Apr 2018, 8:08 pm

I wouldn't use DNZ Rings if you gave them too me... Simple answer.

Then again I don't have or believe in cheap Scopes.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: Good Scope Rings part 2

Post by Gwion » 08 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm

And why wouldn't you use DNZ?

They are verey good for the price. In fact i think they are easily as good as my Talley X-Tac that were more than twice the price. I really think the DNZ are a rare example of great quality at an affordable price.
I have had 2 of the Gamereapers now and I'd habe no hesitation buying them again or in recommending them for a hunting rifle or for a casual target/range rifle.
I was hesitant to buy my first one purely because the have a poxy name and seemed on the cheap side. Ended up getting one with the idea that the one piece mount would help make the action more rigid. Don't know if that actually works but after both mounts had excellent tolerances, needing no lapping for almost full contact and only a few clicks from mechanical zero to get on bull at 100m, i am sold on them. Machining quality is, again, very good for the price.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Scopes, sights and optics