Leupold VX Freedom?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Leupold VX Freedom?

Post by Jon79 » 03 May 2018, 1:57 pm

Anyone had a look at the Leupold VX Freedom scopes?
I recently ordered a VX-1 9-3x40 but it was out of stock and was offered a VX Freedom 3-9x40 as a replacement, they are cheaper than the VX-1’s

Having a look online they are meant to be a replacement for the VX-1 & VX-2 models at a cheaper price, they’re meant to have the VX-2 glass and chunkier turrets etc.... just wondering what people thoughts are that have used them?? Or seen them in the flesh?
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Leupold VX Freedom?

Post by bigrich » 05 May 2018, 6:54 pm

the freedom i cant really tell ya about. but it IS a leupold , so well worth trying in my book. i use a vx-2 3-9x40 on a 6.5 winchester, vx-2 4.5-14 x40 AO for a 22 hornet, and bought a vx-3 4.5-14 x40 for a 22-250 and they are awesome scopes. i have tried bushnell, zeiss and hawke. if the freedom has the vx-2 glass i would get it if it's in your price range. i don't reckon you would be disapointed . one conclusion i have come too is don't skimp on scopes. get the best qaulity you can afford :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Leupold VX Freedom?

Post by SCJ429 » 07 May 2018, 10:30 pm

I like Leupold but a friend has a Freedom and I think he might have been better off with a Bushnell AR series. The 4 -18 Bushnell has target turrets and more magnification for similar money. The glass looks to be similar quality and it is a pain to adjust vertical with the non clicking adjusters. Each graduation is one MOA.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Scopes, sights and optics