Pistol recommendations

Semi automatic & single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by Rider888 » 31 Oct 2017, 5:02 am

Incidentally, does anyone own a CZ Shadow 2? Ive read nothing but good things about it in particular their reliability but I guess that could be subjective. Any thoughts?
Rider888
Private
Private
 
Posts: 12
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by Wylie27 » 31 Oct 2017, 6:46 am

Rider888,

Yes i have a shadow 2. Fantastic pistol, makes me look better than i really am.. Worth every cent for it!
Wylie27
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 
Posts: 846
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by pomemax » 31 Oct 2017, 10:08 am

So AT xmass you will have you ppl or you get that early next year ? It will make a difference.
pomemax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 521
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by Rider888 » 31 Oct 2017, 4:05 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Rider888,

Yes i have a shadow 2. Fantastic pistol, makes me look better than i really am.. Worth every cent for it!


Thanks for that feedback. Would be great to see one in the flesh. Cheers
Rider888
Private
Private
 
Posts: 12
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by Rider888 » 31 Oct 2017, 4:05 pm

pomemax wrote:So AT xmass you will have you ppl or you get that early next year ? It will make a difference.


I will have my PPL when I visit
Rider888
Private
Private
 
Posts: 12
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by pomemax » 31 Oct 2017, 7:39 pm

Sorry forgot to as 1st 6 months or 2 6 months
pomemax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 521
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by galaxy » 01 Nov 2017, 3:28 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Rider and galaxy are tour names brett by chance? :lol:

Sorry what are you implying? I may be ugly but Brett has taken it to new heights.....
galaxy
Private
Private
 
Posts: 6
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by brett1868 » 01 Nov 2017, 4:03 pm

galaxy wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:Rider and galaxy are tour names brett by chance? :lol:

Sorry what are you implying? I may be ugly but Brett has taken it to new heights.....


That's a change, I generally take most things straight to the gutter :lol: :drinks:
The maximum number of allowed characters is 255.
User avatar
brett1868
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2899
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by Rider888 » 01 Nov 2017, 4:06 pm

pomemax wrote:Sorry forgot to as 1st 6 months or 2 6 months


Hi Pomemax, thanks for your message.

I am in my 1st 6 at the moment and will be rolling into my 2nd 6 in Q1, 2018

Cheers
Rider888
Private
Private
 
Posts: 12
New South Wales

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by spEKTre » 12 Nov 2017, 4:50 pm

You need to determine what matches you are going to shoot first, the biggest and most common mistake is a newbie shooter buying a cool sounding gun then trying to find a match to shoot it in. This is plain dumb, go to clubs and see what matches you think you may like and see what the top shooters are using. No point buying a single action revolver for a match you need 10 shot strings in with a reload in the middle. Today I saw a newbie shooter rock up with a model 17 glock...he had to walk down to 5 yard line to hit the target as it didn't come with adjustable sights.
spEKTre
Private
Private
 
Posts: 7
Western Australia

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by bladeracer » 12 Nov 2017, 4:55 pm

spEKTre wrote:You need to determine what matches you are going to shoot first, the biggest and most common mistake is a newbie shooter buying a cool sounding gun then trying to find a match to shoot it in. This is plain dumb, go to clubs and see what matches you think you may like and see what the top shooters are using. No point buying a single action revolver for a match you need 10 shot strings in with a reload in the middle. Today I saw a newbie shooter rock up with a model 17 glock...he had to walk down to 5 yard line to hit the target as it didn't come with adjustable sights.


Glocks should be at least windage adjustable?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2600
Victoria

Re: Pistol recommendations

Post by sungazer » 12 Nov 2017, 5:59 pm

What and then shoot it gangster style? :)
sungazer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 565
Victoria

Previous

Back to top
 
Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers