Not happy with SSAA!

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by bladeracer » 07 Jun 2018, 5:22 pm

sungazer wrote:Hes not showing it once the buffer tube and stock is fitted though. https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=127605


Neat, I didn't even know we were allowed to put butt stocks on handguns, even the US doesn't allow that.
Last edited by bladeracer on 07 Jun 2018, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
General
General
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by Stix » 07 Jun 2018, 6:35 pm

"POOF"...

And there he is...like magic...!!
Where ya been Thor...?

Looks nothing like what i know a pistol to look like...

But then it took me years to warm to a s/s barrel & synthetic stock.

If the laws allow you to have it, then im not worried at all...in fact can i have crack with it...???...looks like a bit of fun... :thumbsup:

Shame cant take one spotlighting, would make for some fun on bunnies out the window or on foot around the farm sheds. :)

I cant see any reason that wouldn't fit right in at a range these days...what with all the RPR's, Tik Tac's & chassis'd firearms about these days... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 1004
South Australia

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by sungazer » 07 Jun 2018, 6:51 pm

It kind of gets around the firearm rules. I couldnt understand why people were getting these and doing these things to them rather than start with a ruger 10/22. then the light turned on. ie a semi automatic rifle can not be taken to the range and shot. However as a handgun semi automatic is no problem. So you make a few modifications and its transformed to a short barrel rifle and you can play at the range to your hearts content.
sungazer
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1436
Victoria

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by bladeracer » 07 Jun 2018, 6:55 pm

sungazer wrote:It kind of gets around the firearm rules. I couldnt understand why people were getting these and doing these things to them rather than start with a ruger 10/22. then the light turned on. ie a semi automatic rifle can not be taken to the range and shot. However as a handgun semi automatic is no problem. So you make a few modifications and its transformed to a short barrel rifle and you can play at the range to your hearts content.


That bit about having to go to a range to be able to play with it negates the part about it being fun, at least for me.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
General
General
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by Ziad » 08 Jun 2018, 3:26 pm

Tbh to a noob like me it looks kinda cool...like an uzi machine gun....I like it... and yes it looks scary... but my logic is that looks shouldn't matter as except on a range that handgun shouldn't be visible to public
Ziad
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 95
Victoria

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by No1_49er » 08 Jun 2018, 4:23 pm

Ziad wrote:Tbh to a noob like me it looks kinda cool...like an uzi machine gun....I like it... and yes it looks scary... but my logic is that looks shouldn't matter as except on a range that handgun shouldn't be visible to public


I don't know about your range policies, but mine actively encourages members of the public to visit our facilities if they are interested in the shooting sports. Who knows, we might get new members - yes, it has happened! We don't know who's going to turn up which means that everything we do is in accordance of the rules under which we operate, as permitted by the police range approval. We have nothing to hide. And, why should handguns not be visible to the public? What do YOU have to hide? But, we might draw the line at something like a "tricked up" Ruger Charger, if it happens to look scary, or kinda cool like an Uzi. WE know what they are, but the newbies don't.
Having seen the picture that was posted, I have to repeat what I said in a previous post; it is now nothing like the Ruger Charger that the club approved the purchase of! The rules of that club may well be such that, in its current configuration, it is not allowed.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Private
Private
 
Posts: 35
Queensland

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by Ziad » 08 Jun 2018, 7:36 pm

As I said you can have hand guns out in the open for public to see only on a range... in my safety course I remember it 2wd made very clear never have my guns not in a case unless I am at a range or private property


anyone who goes to a range licensed or unlicensed would expect to see guns of different types if they then get scared then maybe they need to mix a bowl of concrete and harden the f up. Maybe ssaa should have a 5 minute induction where members of the public are made to play call of duty or the latest FPS game on xbox or ps4.. so they get used to scary guns. Btw just pulling your leg mate.
Ziad
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 95
Victoria

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by Stix » 08 Jun 2018, 7:59 pm

No1_49er wrote:
Ziad wrote:Tbh to a noob like me it looks kinda cool...like an uzi machine gun....I like it... and yes it looks scary IF they came to a range... but my logic is that looks shouldn't matter as except on a range that handgun shouldn't be visible to public


I don't know about your range policies, but mine actively encourages members of the public to visit our facilities if they are interested in the shooting sports. Who knows, we might get new members - yes, it has happened! We don't know who's going to turn up which means that everything we do is in accordance of the rules under which we operate, as permitted by the police range approval. We have nothing to hide. And, why should handguns not be visible to the public? What do YOU have to hide? But, we might draw the line at something like a "tricked up" Ruger Charger, if it happens to look scary, or kinda cool like an Uzi. WE know what they are, but the newbies don't.
Having seen the picture that was posted, I have to repeat what I said in a previous post; it is now nothing like the Ruger Charger that the club approved the purchase of! The rules of that club may well be such that, in its current configuration, it is not allowed.


So 49,
What you are actually saying is that because people whom are uneducated in firearms 'MAY' find the appearance of the said Ruger "scary", you agree that, a range, (which i remind you is the only place to shoot handguns for the average citizen wanting to do shoot handguns) can just ban a firearm based upon the fears of the uneducated people...
That is how ive read your post & your theory...

Can i remind you, that it is just that stupid nonsense that will not allow suppressors on rifles...it will not allow me to have a silencer on my .22lr because, according to Hollywood i could sneak through the rear entrance of a motel & systematically mow down all the bad guys...
Seriously...by you defending that logic, how do you say its ok for me to have as many 10 shot mags for my high powered centrefire bolt repeater...???...because when it comes to scary, i would be more scared of being shot with my rifle once, than 4 times with thor's...

Im in a hurry so ive probably not articulated myself very well...but can i say, & i dont mean for this to be a personal attack, but whilst i see where you are coming from, your thought process is flawed...
Much like all the twats (im calling them twats-not you :) )in society that wanted a carbon tax because they fell for the propoganda of "the big polluters should pay for the damage they do to the atmosphere"---yet they almost died of shock when they see a 'carbon tax' component on their electricity bill.

The firearm is legal--period--we are all shooters, and as shooters, and as the SSAA being the biggest single representative body of us in the nation, they should put people in power who are not so stuck up, clicky & bias so as to discriminate against thor...period.

PART_1325724001792.jpg
Next thing banned by SSAA--10 shot pump action nerfs
PART_1325724001792.jpg (55.92 KiB) Viewed 230 times


Next thing they discriminate against my Nephew because he proudly poses with the nerf gun his uncle bought him...& could you imagine the uproar if i painted that matt black & he started shooting the glow in the dark disks...oooo......tracer rounds...!!!...fmd...!!
Its a joke mate...its all just an excuse to excercise power--none of these appearance rules are in any way shape or form, any good for our sport...PERIOD...!!!
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 1004
South Australia

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by No1_49er » 08 Jun 2018, 8:18 pm

Ziad wrote:... and yes it looks scary... but my logic is that looks shouldn't matter as, except on a range, that handgun shouldn't be visible to public


This is what you said. I was replying to that.
Seems like we might have to agree to differ, but, going back to what I have already said, the "Ruger Charger" as it now is - tricked up, is not what the original OP was given approval to acquire.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Private
Private
 
Posts: 35
Queensland

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by bladeracer » 08 Jun 2018, 8:49 pm

No1_49er wrote:
Ziad wrote:... and yes it looks scary... but my logic is that looks shouldn't matter as, except on a range, that handgun shouldn't be visible to public


This is what you said. I was replying to that.
Seems like we might have to agree to differ, but, going back to what I have already said, the "Ruger Charger" as it now is - tricked up, is not what the original OP was given approval to acquire.


Where in that approval did it state that he couldn't modify it to suit his needs...
It is a handgun, it has never been anything else, his approval was for this specific handgun, in whatever guise it might wear. He could have bought it _in its current state_ with that SSAA approval.

It does not appeal to your personal view. It does not appeal to mine either. It might not appeal to that of every other firearm owner in the country. But it appeals to this one. He wishes to own it, and was supported in that by SSAA. Now that he has it they want nothing to do with it.

You either support all lawful firearm owners, or you support none of them...
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
General
General
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by bladeracer » 08 Jun 2018, 9:00 pm

No1_49er wrote:
Ziad wrote:Tbh to a noob like me it looks kinda cool...like an uzi machine gun....I like it... and yes it looks scary... but my logic is that looks shouldn't matter as except on a range that handgun shouldn't be visible to public


I don't know about your range policies, but mine actively encourages members of the public to visit our facilities if they are interested in the shooting sports. Who knows, we might get new members - yes, it has happened! We don't know who's going to turn up which means that everything we do is in accordance of the rules under which we operate, as permitted by the police range approval. We have nothing to hide. And, why should handguns not be visible to the public? What do YOU have to hide? But, we might draw the line at something like a "tricked up" Ruger Charger, if it happens to look scary, or kinda cool like an Uzi. WE know what they are, but the newbies don't.
Having seen the picture that was posted, I have to repeat what I said in a previous post; it is now nothing like the Ruger Charger that the club approved the purchase of! The rules of that club may well be such that, in its current configuration, it is not allowed.


So how does your range actively encourage new members into the sport when these new members' expect firearms to look something like those they've seen in movies and games? They show up and see a bunch of Fudds playing with ancient artifacts made of wood and steel? Do you actively encourage them to join in by trying to change their expectations to suit your view of what constitutes an acceptable firearm? Or do you simply support them into the sport and allow them to use whichever legally-available firearms appeal to them?

I would strongly support a group of Charger owners that decided to create a new class that uses the firearm to its full capacities, and let the Fudds play in the corner.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
General
General
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by trekin » 09 Jun 2018, 5:48 am

bladeracer wrote:
No1_49er wrote:
Ziad wrote:Tbh to a noob like me it looks kinda cool...like an uzi machine gun....I like it... and yes it looks scary... but my logic is that looks shouldn't matter as except on a range that handgun shouldn't be visible to public


I don't know about your range policies, but mine actively encourages members of the public to visit our facilities if they are interested in the shooting sports. Who knows, we might get new members - yes, it has happened! We don't know who's going to turn up which means that everything we do is in accordance of the rules under which we operate, as permitted by the police range approval. We have nothing to hide. And, why should handguns not be visible to the public? What do YOU have to hide? But, we might draw the line at something like a "tricked up" Ruger Charger, if it happens to look scary, or kinda cool like an Uzi. WE know what they are, but the newbies don't.
Having seen the picture that was posted, I have to repeat what I said in a previous post; it is now nothing like the Ruger Charger that the club approved the purchase of! The rules of that club may well be such that, in its current configuration, it is not allowed.


So how does your range actively encourage new members into the sport when these new members' expect firearms to look something like those they've seen in movies and games? They show up and see a bunch of Fudds playing with ancient artifacts made of wood and steel? Do you actively encourage them to join in by trying to change their expectations to suit your view of what constitutes an acceptable firearm? Or do you simply support them into the sport and allow them to use whichever legally-available firearms appeal to them?

I would strongly support a group of Charger owners that decided to create a new class that uses the firearm to its full capacities, and let the Fudds play in the corner.

How does SSAA actively encourage older members to stay? Would not a hand gun, a hand gun in a chassis (in QLD, doesn't matter if it has a butt stock as long as its overall lenght remains below 75 cm), and a Verney-Carron Veloce allow a 3 gun comp that is more closely aligned to that that the rest of the world competes in, and which we did back in the day, instead of the bastardised, stand behind the table and shoot, version offered by SSAA and their affilate 3 Guns Australia?
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
User avatar
trekin
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 321
Queensland

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by sungazer » 09 Jun 2018, 9:16 am

One more for sale
https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=127857
Rcharger.jpg
Rcharger.jpg (12.44 KiB) Viewed 182 times
sungazer
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1436
Victoria

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by gunnnie » 09 Jun 2018, 6:46 pm

No1_49er wrote:
Ziad wrote:... and yes it looks scary... but my logic is that looks shouldn't matter as, except on a range, that handgun shouldn't be visible to public


This is what you said. I was replying to that.
Seems like we might have to agree to differ, but, going back to what I have already said, the "Ruger Charger" as it now is - tricked up, is not what the original OP was given approval to acquire.


Sorry 49 but I disagree with your logic also. What the OP was approved to buy was a semi automatic pistol chambered in 22LR. Where does it state on the club acquisition that the member is not to modify the approved pistol in any way or alter it so that it doesn't look as it did off the factory bench?

Yes I also understand where you are coming from. But if we continue to bow to the nannies and fear mongers where will it all end? With the loss of all our rights!

If you think this is alarmist, well, sorry but it's what is happening time after time.
gunnnie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 54
Queensland

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by andreweden » 09 Jun 2018, 7:58 pm

Don’t judge me. I have one of these for my FN Five-seveN.
It’s fun.
Completely legal in QLD.

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category ... n-5.7.html
andreweden
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 159
Queensland

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Jun 2018, 8:34 pm

sungazer wrote:One more for sale
https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=127857
Rcharger.jpg


It looks like a lot of fun - I can see why people would like them :thumbsup:
User avatar
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 4730
-

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by Daddybang » 09 Jun 2018, 9:11 pm

It's this type of hypocritical bullsh@t that stops me from going to ranges to shoot.
The action caliber magazine capacity and rate of fire are all same regardless of its looks so what the f@$k is the ssaa hierarchies problem??
I figure they're quite happy to take the money for advertising these kits in the magazine but then stop ya from using it at their clubs. :crazy: :drinks:
We are The paint where there ain't supposed to be paint
Daddybang
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1707
Queensland

Re: Not happy with SSAA!

Post by magnum56 » 15 Jun 2018, 10:24 am

The one thing that escapes the anti gun people, the major party politicians that make the laws that restrict us, the media and those among us like many of the SSAA hiherarchy and some shooting clubs is, once a person has been deemed a fit and proper person and issued with a shooters license, it matters not whether they possess a single shot firearm or a semi auto, this is clearly supported by the relevant statistics.

The type and appearance of a firearm has absolutely no bearing on it’s level of threat to the general public, the type of inanimate object a person possesses has no bearing on that person’s attitude to or likelihood of committing a crime, it is the type of person, not the type or appearance of the object, that is the issue.

We need to stick together and stick to the facts, if we are ever going to stop the downward spiral and hopefully regain lost conditions, capitulating to the emotional rhetoric of those trying to disarm us, only supports further restrictions, the appearance restrictions are based on an emotional excuse, they have no practical basis, as is the case with many of the current restrictions.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 117
Queensland

PreviousNext

Back to top
 
Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers