New Glock 41 and 42

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

New Glock 41 and 42

Post by Eduardo » 06 Jan 2014, 11:54 am

To me, the big news is the Glock 42. I would have loved to see a Ruger LCP sized Glock in 380. What we evidently got was a gun that could have been a single stack 9mm as it is closer size wise to the Ruger LC380 and LC9, but is chambered in .380.

Still, should be interesting. I'm not counted amoung those that feel that .380 is not an effective round. Pretty sure if I got shot with it, I'd take notice.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2014/01/04/r ... 2-pistols/
A volatile mixture of implacable OCD and vexatiuous ADD.
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Re: New Glock 41 and 42

Post by Lorgar » 06 Jan 2014, 12:17 pm

Eduardo wrote:I'm not counted amoung those that feel that .380 is not an effective round. Pretty sure if I got shot with it, I'd take notice.

You'll know better than me as your in the US, but apparently the whole underrating calibres for defence is a pretty common thing in the States.

I've seen a couple of videos from different US gun shops talking about pistols and the subject of choosing one for self defence always comes up.

Lots of guys apparently come in shopping for a pistol for their wife for defence at home, and think stuff like .32, 9mm, .38, 357's and all these kind of calibre are soft.

They think their wifes who've never handled a pistol in their life need a .44mag or .50cal in order to defence themselves :roll:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Khan » 06 Jan 2014, 2:49 pm

Eduardo wrote:I'm not counted amoung those that feel that .380 is not an effective round. Pretty sure if I got shot with it, I'd take notice.

Ha ha.

*BANG* *BANG*
Hmm? Sorry, did you say something?
Oh, you shot me. I see...
44 Rem. Magnum Marlin Model 1894
.280 Rem. Browning X-Bolt Hunter
Khan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Yelp » 06 Jan 2014, 9:04 pm

That's a tiny little unit the 42.
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Calamity Jen » 07 Jan 2014, 4:34 pm

Nice work.
Calamity Jen
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Techc » 08 Jan 2014, 8:02 am

Adding a Glock 42 to the stash next, Eduardo?
.223 Remington Savage Model 12 FV
.308 Remington 700 SPS tactical
Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40mm
Techc
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Eduardo » 08 Jan 2014, 10:51 am

Oooooh no, I already have a pocket gun. Besides, there's so many other shiny bobbles I'd like to have first. I was just passing along the news.

Techc wrote:Adding a Glock 42 to the stash next, Eduardo?
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by lole » 08 Jan 2014, 12:40 pm

Eduardo wrote:Oooooh no, I already have a pocket gun. Besides, there's so many other shiny bobbles I'd like to have first.

You really need to stop up on all your gear before the US brings in their gun "control" :P
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Eduardo » 08 Jan 2014, 11:18 pm

Two years ago I would have said that could never happen. Now, I'm not so sure. So many politicians are pushing for a complete ban and some even confiscation. And they keep using Australia as the model to follow. In their minds, guns no longer exist in Australia and it's a better country because of it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/ ... C720130403

lole wrote:
Eduardo wrote:Oooooh no, I already have a pocket gun. Besides, there's so many other shiny bobbles I'd like to have first.

You really need to stop up on all your gear before the US brings in their gun "control" :P
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by ebr love » 09 Jan 2014, 8:36 am

It does seem to be going that way in the states.

The Bill of Rights might give you the "right to keep and bear arms", but it doesn't say which arms.

It might take a few decades, but it wouldn't surprise me if you guys ended up a bit more like us. Probably never as restricted, but I can see things like pistol ownership tightening up everywhere, more restrictions as you approach the military end of the scale, magazine size restrictions and things like that.

I think the battle for semi-auto rifles is where it will all swing... Hmm...
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Eduardo » 09 Jan 2014, 2:43 pm

Rant on....

I hate to say this, but I have to agree with you. Despite a court decision as recent as 2005 that stated that "firearms in common use" could not be banned, the trend we are headed in cannot be ignored. Guns and gun owners are being vilified daily by the media. People in my area have become hesitant to admit to even being a gun owner. In fact, this is a nation wide trend. They have already banned what they call "assault weapons" in many states. Now there is talk about banning all semi-auto. If you follow this trend to it's logical conclusion it does't look good. The gun rights side has had some minor victories here and there, but the overall trend is not promising. In fact, I don't think it will take decades. They are targeting our youth with their propaganda, the history books my own children's school misquote the 2nd Amendment, stating that firearms can only be owned if you are a member of a militia. it's only a matter of time at this point. We'll keep fighting, but as much as I hate to admit this we're probably not going to win in the long run.

Rant off.......

Our attorney general;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM0asnCXD0

ebr love wrote:It does seem to be going that way in the states.

The Bill of Rights might give you the "right to keep and bear arms", but it doesn't say which arms.

It might take a few decades, but it wouldn't surprise me if you guys ended up a bit more like us. Probably never as restricted, but I can see things like pistol ownership tightening up everywhere, more restrictions as you approach the military end of the scale, magazine size restrictions and things like that.

I think the battle for semi-auto rifles is where it will all swing... Hmm...
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by Ken » 09 Jan 2014, 3:11 pm

Eduardo wrote:Despite a court decision as recent as 2005 that stated that "firearms in common use" could not be banned, the trend we are headed in cannot be ignored.

I suppose the thing is they don't have to "ban" them.

A restriction here, a condition there, a limit on this or that... Little by little they add enough things that while not "banned" it's effectively impossible or not worth getting.

Pistol shooting in Aus is a perfect example.
Whatever you do, don't look at the mayonnaise...
Ken
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mobo » 13 Jan 2014, 11:38 am

Ken wrote:I suppose the thing is they don't have to "ban" them.

A restriction here, a condition there, a limit on this or that... Little by little they add enough things that while not "banned" it's effectively impossible or not worth getting.

Sounds like 50 cal shooting. Seems like the "official policy" is yes, you're legally allowed to shoot 50 cal.

In reality it seems to be:

Yes, you can have one with a valid reason > target shooting is the only valid reason > there are no ranges where you can shoot 50cal > you don't have a valid reason > no you can't actually have one.

:roll:

You don't have to ban the gun, just make it so there is no where practical to shoot it.
Mossberg 802 Plinkster 22LR

Savage Stevens 200 .270 Winchester
mobo
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers